Windows 7 Release date finally set

Rally Pat

Microsoft seemed to figure out that most of it's customers are going to skip Vista, and finally set a release date for Windows 7 after however long we have been hearing about it. This article was sent out to everyone at work.

http://www.infoworld.com/archives/emailPrint.jsp?R=printThis&A=/article/08/06/24/Microsoft_VP_confirms_Windows_7_ship_date_January_2010_1.html

Guest bimmer95
I don't mind frequent security patches, it shows that they're actually working to fix problems as they pop up which is bound to be quite often when you're the most used PC OS. The fact that the system has to reboot to install them is a PITA though.

I'm really surprised Microsoft is doing this. People whined and cried when XP came out. "XP is crap, I'm sticking with 98." "98SE is much better for games than XP, I don't see a reason to switch." "What's so good about XP? My 98SE box does everything I want it to." And MS pushed forward, and now those people are clinging to XP. It's going to be the same every time. So why bring OS releases closer together and let the bitching and crying just continue?