Helicoper picture

Tractor

I had 3 of these fly over a few minutes ago while I was sitting in lawn chair with my camera in my lap watching the storms.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/blackhawk.jpg

It was pretty dark, but I touched up the levels a bit in photoshop. First time I've tried sport shooting mode on anything thats actually fast.

Evan

Meter off the sky, manually set white balance and use shutter mode with a shutter speed of say 1/160 and pan. Zoom close too. You can get some cool rotor movement to convey motion and the levels will be much better. Enjoy the cam....40D too right?

I had 3 of these fly over a few minutes ago while I was sitting in lawn chair with my camera in my lap watching the storms.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/blackhawk.jpg

It was pretty dark, but I touched up the levels a bit in photoshop. First time I've tried sport shooting mode on anything thats actually fast.

Evan

yeah 40d. well it was one of those things were I was sitting there doing nothing and they

came up but I'll take the advice. 1/160th would be cool. I gotta take this thing on a shooting trip. wife won't let me:-(

It was against a very black storm cloud and I was shooting toward sun though it was behind cloud.

Evan

Been there done that so many times. Cool shit just appears out of the sky and my camera is never ready :o Let me know if you're ever interested in heading out on a shoot. I need to get some good skyline shots of downtown to make a cool Pano of my own doing. Even some good car shots.

yeah 40d. well it was one of those things were I was sitting there doing nothing and they

came up but I'll take the advice. 1/160th would be cool. I gotta take this thing on a shooting trip. wife won't let me:-(

It was against a very black storm cloud and I was shooting toward sun though it was behind cloud.

Evan

That would be fun. I learn much better by doing than reading and I've been wanting to play with some downtown pictures. I saw a nice one from were I judged to be on the waterfront probably with the camera mans back near the center or far north end of veterans memorial. It had the bridge, santa maria and of course the buildings done very nicely.

Another nice angle could be the upper floors of OSU east hospital. I'm there working on equipment a lot and look out the windows. Would be neat to get on the roof and shoot a night scene maybe with a rising moon properly exposed and layered into the shot. it would at least make the scene interesting since a daylight shot from that distance/direction might show to much columbus ghetto.

Evan

Where I lived in Utica, about once a month we would have a Black Hawk fly over, loop back at the horizon, and then fly back over our house. Pretty cool.

Where I live now in Utah the National Guard fly's Apache's and BH's over the neighborhood almost daily. They do landing/take off maneuvers on the government land to the west of us. It's very cool to see a pack of 6 or 8 of them thundering over head.

When I was growing up in southern ohio we used to live right on the path of the national guards C-130's out of wood county, wv. Sometimes they'd fill our picture window with the haul of those beasts as they rattled everything at probably 500-1000ft. I'm not sure why they would fly that ridiculously low in an aircraft that size, but I've never heard of one hitting anything so its probably practice.

We also had a huey do an emergency landing behind our house in a field when I was 10 or 12. That was cool watching them work on it and then finally coming to pick it up with one of those old school double prop heavy lifting helicopters (not the chinook sp? but the other one dedicated for lifting.)

Evan