03 tiburon GTV6

Tindall2006

I have a buddy that is looking to give his car a little more uummph, wondering if anyone knew anything about tiburons on here, as i don't know anything about them.

He was looking at this exhaust, not sure on any real power gains (I personally doubt he will get any) but figured someone on here might know.

I have a buddy that is looking to give his car a little more uummph, wondering if anyone knew anything about tiburons on here, as i don't know anything about them.

He was looking at this exhaust, not sure on any real power gains (I personally doubt he will get any) but figured someone on here might know.

you have to have money to go fast , he might as well save up for a turbo and do it right the first time.

My sister has that car. She has leis hanging from the rearview mirror for more power lol.

look into NGM supercharger kit. they have a couple available. if you dont want to do F/I, they also have up to stage 4 or 5 intake manifolds, you can find CAI anywhere, exhausts out the ass, i think crower does cams, etc.

check out http://www.newtiburon.com for ideas. you'll find everything you need there

Buy a new car.

Dude, quit being a fucking ass. If you dont have any info on mods for the car then shut the fuck up. I hate going into every thread that talks about wanting to mod an import or any car that isn't that fast and fags like you comming in and saying "well duh you can just get a dif. car durr durr durr." If he wanted comments on a dif. car to get he'd ask for it. sorry for the rant I just hate fuckers who try and belittle somebody b/c they're shit isn't fast and so that means they still can't do tasteful mods to the car since they like it.

-Paul

Dude, quit being a fucking ass. If you dont have any info on mods for the car then shut the fuck up. I hate going into every thread that talks about wanting to mod an import or any car that isn't that fast and fags like you comming in and saying "well duh you can just get a dif. car durr durr durr." If he wanted comments on a dif. car to get he'd ask for it. sorry for the rant I just hate fuckers who try and belittle somebody b/c they're shit isn't fast and so that means they still can't do tasteful mods to the car since they like it.

-Paul

+1, QFT, etc.

Guest mrhobbz

-Paul

-1, buy a new car or 2jz swap.

No, it is bone stock, and looks clean.

If it was that tiburion I wouldn't be talking to the guy, after seeing that car at sonic I concluded he is a moron

(hauling ass in the parking lot, being a dur da dur)

How so? (Taking Hydrolock outta the equation.)

Kinda hard to take hydrolock out of the equation, that is the #1 reason to NOT get a CAI for a WRX. The other option on the WRX is a short ram, but the added heat negates any gains you would have made from the extra flow.

But to expand, there are other vehicles out there that have been engineered to work as efficiently as possible with the stock intake. For example, my previous vehicle, a 2001 Tundra pickup. It was commonly accepted in that community that there was NO intake that produced power gains, and by installing one you would be lucky not to lose power and fuel mileage. Most people that installed any kind of intake, removed it shortly after.

Then you have engineering issues. The K&N FIPK intake for the Toyota Tacoma is said to be avoided like the plague. Its design doesn't allow for any flex in the intake tube, and the I4's in those trucks move a good bit. The result is the bolts holding the shit to the fender ripping out. Some other general complaints about K&N vrs. a traditional paper filter is that they might move more air, but they don't filter as well, and the cleaning oil is able to get sucked down the intake, which can get on sensors and other stuff thats suppose to be clean.

Either way, it's always best to find a community dedicated to your specific car and see what is generally accepted to work, and be worth the money.

No, it is bone stock, and looks clean.

If it was that tiburion I wouldn't be talking to the guy, after seeing that car at sonic I concluded he is a moron

(hauling ass in the parking lot, being a dur da dur)

thank god! i figured he would be looking for some extra ponies after my friend beat him in his family car