Shopping for a PS3

Rally Pat

I have a DS lite and some other things I am looking into trading in somewhere towards the cost of a PS3. Which model should I look for? I would like to get one of the ones that is still backwards compatible with games, especially my favorite series like Kingdom Hearts and MGS. If I can get a BW compatible one, I can throw in my PS2 towards the trade-ins. I am not super worried about the HD size, because from what I understand its stupid easy to upgrade the HD in a PS3 to a larger one.

In addition, which games should I start out with? MGS4 is a given ;)

I think a used 60 gb is the only one that is backwards compatible, one of my co workers picked up a used 60gb at game stop this week. I could very well be wrong, they may have updated the software on the newer models.

I think a used 60 gb is the only one that is backwards compatible, one of my co workers picked up a used 60gb at game stop this week. I could very well be wrong, they may have updated the software on the newer models.

Yeah, I keep hearing different things about the backwards compatibility.

The 60gb model had a hardware emulator that should be compatible with most all PS2 games. Most of the 80gb models had a software emulator that can run most PS2 games. The 40gb models aren't compatible at all. The new MSG 80gb bundle just came out but I don't know if it has any emulation capabilities.

The 60gb model had a hardware emulator that should be compatible with most all PS2 games. Most of the 80gb models had a software emulator that can run most PS2 games. The 40gb models aren't compatible at all. The new MSG 80gb bundle just came out but I don't know if it has any emulation capabilities.

60GB is the one to get because of the hardware emulator.

Assassin's Creed is fun for a few hours, then gets repetitive.

GTA is fun if you like that kind of game.

Burnout Paradise is fun for a few hours, then gets repetitive.

I liked Turok, but a lot of people didn't. I was a big fan of the original on N64, so maybe thats why.

Tiger Woods is a good game to play with friends.

Guitar Hero is one of the few games girls enjoy playing, so it's not bad to have if you have some friends over

Assassin's Creed is fun for a few hours, then gets repetitive.

GTA is fun if you like that kind of game.

Burnout Paradise is fun for a few hours, then gets repetitive.

I liked Turok, but a lot of people didn't. I was a big fan of the original on N64, so maybe thats why.

Tiger Woods is a good game to play with friends.

Guitar Hero is one of the few games girls enjoy playing, so it's not bad to have if you have some friends over

Assassin's Creed: Have it for 360

GTAIV: Have it for 360

Burnout Paradise: Played the demo at least...for 360

Turok: Huge waste of time, as a fan of the one for N64

Guitar Hero III: Have it for PC

Get the Metal Gear Solid 4 combo pack.

Best deal going right now. Get the 80gb model as it will play nearly every ps2 title. It got bad ratings, but I really liked Haze and def MGS4. R2 and SOCOM: Confrontation are just a few titles big titles coming this year.

Best deal going right now. Get the 80gb model as it will play nearly every ps2 title. But honestly, who really wants to play ps2 titles if their buying a ps3?

Thats like saying "Who really watches their old DVDs when they could just watch Blu-ray discs now?". Even after the DVD player came out, people were still watching the VHS tapes they had.

And you forget one important thing...THEY ARE STILL MAKING PS2 GAMES.

my favorite series like Kingdom Hearts and MGS.

In addition, which games should I start out with? MGS4 is a given ;)

Well, a KH fan, noicee! Look at Enchanted Arm(s) for PS3 it's ~$20 new and it's a great RPG (and the first one). I'd check out Juiced2 and Need For Speed ProStreet for good racing games. I haven't played Juiced2 yet but NFS ProStreet is hella fun.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source, and as a matter of fact they have the wrong information listed for the MGS4 Bundle PS3.

It's a wiki, so you should go in and change it. That's the whole point.

And was there anything wrong with the info I pointed to that he was asking about? If so, what? Then answer to this post can be unequivocally answered.

And was there anything wrong with the info I pointed to that he was asking about? If so, what? Then answer to this post can be unequivocally answered.

...What?

Uh...anyway...

I still don't know for sure that I am buying one, I am just shopping. I have a little extra cash coming my way, and was looking to maybe get a little something extra. Who knows, I might just end up hanging onto it for car parts.