Cell phone crew: Verizon Glyde, Dare. iPhone 3g? Opinions plz.

JaSSon

not to jack but i have verizon u740 and i was thinking about getting a pearl? are those any good?

Go for the curve.. The pearl is a girly phone any phone that has the same phone in pink is not for me..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Q just took a shit..So i called and ordered a dare and i went and played with one yesterday at circuit city and its fucking pimp. I like the voyager because it reads your texts to you and is a fun feature. I had the glyde before the Q and hated how it was hard to touch the buttons on the corners,but the active wallpapers are cool.The buttons on the glyde are a little small IMO i have larger hands..

i got the glyde, its ok for txting and making phone calls. i could search faster on my regular flip phone for a contact to text and what not, but this does the job...ill probably sell it in a few months and put teh service back on my samsung a930.

I like the dare, but it looks like it would be a pain in the ass to text/just work off the touch screen. I'm looking at the Voyager (which just dropped $50), envy 2, and the Samsung SCH-i760 w/Wi-Fi and windows ops. Still can't decide, will have to stop into a store and mess with them some more..

Texting on the screen of the dare is surprisingly easy to do. The phone itself is heavier then my blackberry curve though. I like the black chrome trim though. But I know I would drop the phone so I had to hurry up and give my demo back before I would be paying for a damaged phone lol

The Dare looks sweet. I would go that route if I had to stick with VZW, BUT if I was open to leave, I'd go Instinct....like I did...Sprint. I really wanted the iPhone 3g, but the rate plans are waaaaay too expensive!

Just showing the size differences the dare is the only one powered on

http://a608.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_bf44dc25931c15f480a25b355d647dc7.jpg

From left to right env2, blackberry curve, dare, voyager

Buy a shock absorbant case and the plastic screen covers as soon as you get it!! I dropped my voyager in a gravel driveway and scratched the screen :mad:

Well after about an 1/2 hour of messing with all the phones, I decided to go with the voyager. I really like the ops, keys, and size of the phone. This will be my first non-flip phone in a long time.

I hear you on the scratch resistance and I just ordered a full phone protector from http://www.zagg.com. The invisibleSHIELD is a really thin and has a life time warranty. It is used to protect cell phones, laptops, cameras, GPS units or just about any electronic gadget you want. I have a 20% off discount code if anyone is interested?

Well after about an 1/2 hour of messing with all the phones, I decided to go with the voyager. I really like the ops, keys, and size of the phone. This will be my first non-flip phone in a long time.

I hear you on the scratch resistance and I just ordered a full phone protector from http://www.zagg.com. The invisibleSHIELD is a really thin and has a life time warranty. It is used to protect cell phones, laptops, cameras, GPS units or just about any electronic gadget you want. I have a 20% off discount code if anyone is interested?

Wow. Good site! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
I <3 my Dare. Fedex delivered it Tuesday. This phone does everything. The web browser is great! I can even watch youtube vids. Verizon threw in an 8gb micro sd card for free. All in all not a bad way to spend $99. Oh, I made this entire post, in full html, on my Dare.

I <3 my Dare. Fedex delivered it Tuesday. This phone does everything. The web browser is great! I can even watch youtube vids. Verizon threw in an 8gb micro sd card for free. All in all not a bad way to spend $99. Oh, I made this entire post, in full html, on my Dare.

I have the Dare as well for about a week and I love it too. I did not make this post on my Dare. But still BA you can nontheless.

I just bought a new phone yesterday. I wanted the Dare but since i have decent sized hands the texting was hard and there is no regular keypad so i went with the Voyager. I like the Voyager a lot and i am kind of glad i bought it instead of the Dare, i can text and dial with a normal keypad if i need to.