08 Ranger mods

So I bought a 2008 Ford Ranger 2.3L (4 cylinder) just to have a truck that got good gas mileage and could tow my bike around. We'll now I bored of the damn thing and would like to try to get more power out of it without making it sound like a ricer any suggestions? mind you I haven't done a thing to it yet.

its not a bad truck and considering I got it brand new for 11k and a 10yr 100,000 mile warranty w/ 0% APR (My dad works for Ford) I think I would be extremely dumb to trade it in especially getting 30+ mpg.

I understand that. Good MPG rocks, but trying ot mod the Ranger for like 1-2 more hp isn't going to do much. I was stating to just keep it stock and drive it.

with an exhaust, and a computer chip it should give it maybe 15-20? that should be fairly noticeable.....

No. You won't find much in the way of tuning, you'd be lucky to find it. Intake and an exhaust may net you anywhere from 5 to 10+ RWHP, but don't expect much more than that. Do those on top of a cover and you'll be pulling some decent milage.

So I bought a 2008 Ford Ranger 2.3L (4 cylinder) just to have a truck that got good gas mileage and could tow my bike around. We'll now I bored of the damn thing and would like to try to get more power out of it without making it sound like a ricer any suggestions? mind you I haven't done a thing to it yet.

It's not cheap to get power out the 2.3 Duratec's. They are pretty much peaked for N/A HP and TQ as they sit. Nothing 'bolt on' will gain you any significant increase and remain cheap.

turbo
Not easily, or cheaply for that matter.

Is that the same 2.3 block as supercoupe and other 2.3 turbo fords? Pardon my ignorance, but either way I've seen more than a few 2.3 turbo rangers.
No. The 2.3T's were Lima engines. The new ones (01+) are Duratecs. The super coupes were 3.8L supercharged V6's. Turbo Coupes, Turbo Cougars, XR4Ti's, SVO's, Turbo GT's had the 2.3T.

I agree with the keep it stock crowd.

especially getting 30+ mpg.

Huh? Is it a hybrid or something, I've never seen any truck even get close to that mileage. What's the EPA estimates on mpg's on that truck? My moms Ranger gets maybe 19 so you can understand my having a hard time believing that truck gets 30mpg.

Huh? Is it a hybrid or something, I've never seen any truck even get close to that mileage. What's the EPA estimates on mpg's on that truck? My moms Ranger gets maybe 19 so you can understand my having a hard time believing that truck gets 30mpg.

its a 2.3, manual, nothing extra special about it.... the fact that its a 2008 helps out its get the best mileage out of all of them if you don't beat on it.