New guy

slow_tsi

That's not the route most take, using an amplifier that is. Most will install it for looks.

Stock ignition suits me well, no reason to change it until it becomes a problem.

I agree that the COP pushes lower spark capacity than the stock coils without CDI's. I disagree with the comment of most add COP setups for the looks. We add COP and CDI's for the adjustability of these setups. Timing advance, Two Steps, Increased spark under high boost applications, Longer spark duration cycles, easier startups and warm ups, not to mention smoother idle and street drivability.

Don't get me wrong, Im sure your car is fast and I know there are as many different setups in 10 second and faster DSM's as there are owners but I have yet to see a car that doesn't benefit from COP's and CDI's especially in applications of boost exceeding the mid 20's.

I could easily comment that running 2 or 2.5 inch intercooler piping into a 3 in upper pipe does nothing but increase turbo lag but Im not going too. ;)

Individual malibu coils ftw, but yes cop and cdi def have there place in tuning and are very useful. A lot of dsmers do use it because it looks good???? that is why they never break 11s haha :D powere>looks for life