First time at the strip in the car and......

LPFSTheFett

Awesome times for the first time out! Were you actually footbrake launching the car off the converter at all?

I footbraked it to about 1800-2000rpms, but didn't want to go any higher(I can go up to 3200ish) Doing anymore then that and I would have just blown the tires off more.

:caugh: transbrake needed :caugh:

This isn't out of the question. However I wont do this unless I can put some Fbody rear breaks on the car and then run a 15" rim. Then I could throw on some 14.5" wide Hoosier QT Pros. Those are the tires that took my 95 Formula 10.2@130(on a trans break).

Then I could build boost on the line and really come out hard!!!

a nine second car driven to the track and home is absolutely incredible

My goal this year is to drive it to the track, run a 8 second pass and drive it home. The only problem is, the only track that I think would actually let me do this would be Marion, which is 1.5 hours away. Breaking at trails is nothing as I only live 30 minutes away and can go get my trailer.

The best part of the evening was when we got there Jason's car was parked (After making his first pass) and Mark was lined up to make his first run. One of the track guys was sitting on his Quad behind Jason's car repeatedly asking where the owner was lol. Mark pulls up (After going 11.1 @ 13x) and the tech guy is PISSED. They are done. Go home. No way either of them is making another pass w/o a cage and a few other things. Jason starts joking with him about being more than willing to turn the boost down but he can't so that he will just make one more and try his best not to run 10s again lol. The guy is not laughing. Twenty minutes later the tech guy is joking around and telling them they are good to go back out "And do me a favor and whatever you do DO NOT run a 9-anything". Pretty funny.

I figured I was fine on my ET, but waited by the car after my second pass. I figured he was going to freak out about the 145 trap speed. I think the only thing that saved me was it was during a bracket race and the trap speed didn't show on the tower, so it may have slipped by. The 144 however did show on the board. But we were gone before he would have made it by. ;) He seemed like a really nice guy though!! Just to let us run again was awesome!

Jamie - Do you use the chute on your TT Supra? I know that thing hauls ass!

I do, per SFI. If you kept your stock front brakes, you have plenty of brakes to slow any mph you get out of it. Without converting the rest of the car to an 8.50-9.99 spec, adding a chute wouldn't make any sense and would create more tech trouble for you. I'm running a lightened Wilwood set-up and even they slowed me from 175 with no chute....but just barely with the long Norwalk shut down.

I do, per SFI. If you kept your stock front brakes, you have plenty of brakes to slow any mph you get out of it. Without converting the rest of the car to an 8.50-9.99 spec, adding a chute wouldn't make any sense and would create more tech trouble for you. I'm running a lightened Wilwood set-up and even they slowed me from 175 with no chute....but just barely with the long Norwalk shut down.

175 is just insane!

Great Pass!

Awesome times Jason! And ColtBoostin said that thing will never trap 160mph....haha wrong.

With what that car has installed on it, more specifically the power its making, it will not trap 160. Get over it. He would have to SPRAY the HOUSE DOWN on the back half to have a chance. If you were local, I'd gladly bet you to that fact.

first time out? I thought you were at Norwalk last summer

First time out with the Twin Turbo build. ;)

And I think they are making the 4L80's work, but they take some serious work to the car. May look into this option next year. :bangbang:

What are the Major issues of making it work?

I think you have to shorten the torque tube and drive shaft. Then rework the exhaust to fit around the transmission. I'm also pretty sure you have to massage the tunnel to make it fit but I'm not sure. Want to see what I can get the 4L60 to do first and take it from there. :)

Jason