ZR1 Ring record

AJ

Put the stig in both cars!

In defense to both cars, the nissan is the better deal of the two, the zr1 is a slightly better car, but if price is an issue the nissan beats it out by a lot.

You are assuming the GTR is actually shown as the production car.

I will bet when all is said and done, and the actual FACTORY GTR's come out, it won't keep up with a stock Z06.

Put the stig in both cars!

In defense to both cars, the nissan is the better deal of the two, the zr1 is a slightly better car, but if price is an issue the nissan beats it out by a lot.

actually the GTR is expected to be up to $140,000 after dealer markup

Why Nissan's use of "Ringer Cars" will hurt the GTR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes when Nissan sent out their ringer cars the GTR created all kinds of hype, and buzz, making the car seem as if it was unreal, too good to be true. which is how they got themselves into trouble.

If you dont already know, a 'Ringer car' is a Car provided by the manufacture to be tested which has increased levels of HP or other upgrades which the production cars will not recive. It is a common practice for Brands to create test mules of increased performance to up the hype surrounding their cars, only to return to the production plans for the real thing.

Nissan's "Ringer" GTR ran a 0-60 in 3.2 and it ran the Ring' in 7:29 as it was tested by over a dozen car mags which all drooled over it's performance.

I quote MotorTrend who did a dyno test on a pre-pro GTR when i say "Is Nissan Lieing about its Power? Pretty much." And durring this Dyno MT determined the car made a little over 570hp, a huge jump from the production making almost 480.

Your not stupid, you can connect the dots yourself without my explaining anymore . its a common practice but Nissan will suffer from getting greedy and going overboard with it.

Unfourtuantly, the time has come for the production cars to be released, which means Nissan will have to wheel out the disabled younger brothers of its famed "godzilla" to be sold.

This is a common practice with car companies, nothing new, HOWEVER Nissan didnt do themselves any favors by giving the Ringer car an extra 100hp. They would have been much better off giving it a more subtle 50hp like most cars. However, they wanted to make ripples in the pond. and They got their ripples. Unfourtunatly for them, it may come back to bite them as all the production models show such a HUGE gap in performance where people start asking questions.

Car and Driver recently tested a production car, finding their results to be... Alarming.

The GTR dropped almost a full second to 0-60 in 4.1 and its straight line performance was poor in comparison to the earlier pre-pro models. Car and Driver went on to say "this was the... Poorest performing GTR model we have yet tested"

The GTR (like most of you will soon remind me) still won the comparison test against the porsche, Vette, and Viper. Regardless of the fact that it was the slowest, weakest, and heaviest out of all the competators. It won based on nothing but its track performance and how easy it was to drive.

Now the GTR is still a great car, capable of running with all of the prementioned cars which puts it in an elite group. But if you are one of the few who actually buys this car, dont expect "Godzilla like" performance. But hey, dont take my word for it, go drop 70k on the car and run some tests. You'll see how honest Nissan was.

Its NOT a fair comparison at ALL. It would be a fair comparison however to compare the 2008 Z06 with the GTR because they are around the same MSRP. And don't try to pull the whole "well the GTR wont sell for MSRP because its way more popular" thats bullshit and you know it, they will both increase past MSRP nearly the same amount.

The ZR1 should be compared to the GTR spec-v...ill guess we'll have to wait for it's #'s

Nissan's "Ringer" GTR ran a 0-60 in 3.2 and it ran the Ring' in 7:29 as it was tested by over a dozen car mags which all drooled over it's performance.

I quote MotorTrend who did a dyno test on a pre-pro GTR when i say "Is Nissan Lieing about its Power? Pretty much." And durring this Dyno MT determined the car made a little over 570hp, a huge jump from the production making almost 480.

Can you post the article cause the spec-v is rumored to have 550hp are you sure you weren't talking about that.

I like how nobody was arguing anymore but the classic import vs. domestic debate still fumes within you. Read the article yourself, as Motortrend didn't jump and spin things as you or the the GTR Forums guy did. They said they simply believe it makes more than 507hp according to their dyno tests and energy consumption calculations. Either way, that's STILL a worse power-to-weight ratio than the ZR1 with almost dead-even performance. I'd also like to see how they compare in wet, icy and off-road conditions...

Whatever you are trying to win, it is apparent you're biased.

I like how nobody was arguing anymore but the classic import vs. domestic debate still fumes within you. Read the article yourself, as Motortrend didn't jump and spin things as you or the the GTR Forums guy did. They said they simply believe it makes more than 507hp according to their dyno tests and energy consumption calculations. Either way, that's STILL a worse power-to-weight ratio than the ZR1 with almost dead-even performance. I'd also like to see how they compare in wet, icy and off-road conditions...

Whatever you are trying to win, it is apparent your biased.

i did read the article. and i also read the other articles that still say something completely different. and if you watch the dyno vid you see that they get their numbers by quessing at the % drivetrain loss and the 570 HP is based on 25% drivetrain loss. not only that but they dynoed it in 4th gear which is 1.25:1 the skylines 5th gear is 1:1

skyline with launch control 3.4 sec

skyline without launch control 4 sec

Corvette C6 without launch control 4.1 sec

Z06 without launch control 3.6 sec

ZR1 without launch control 3.4 sec

if i wanted to bash the skyline i would have posted about how nissan doesn't want you to modify it at all not even with different wheels and the car knows when you are on a track and lets nissan know about it and you are required to have the car immediatly inspected and serviced after racing which costs $1000 everytime.

why does it need to know when you are at the track because it has to if you want to use it for what it was built for and so the speed limiter can be disabled because the skyline has a limited top speed of 111 MPH no thats not a typo

the US version will have a top speed of 156

and i don't feel like searching for that article

if i wanted to bash the skyline i would have posted about how nissan doesn't want you to modify it at all not even with different wheels and the car knows when you are on a track and lets nissan know about it and you are required to have the car immediatly inspected and serviced after racing which costs $1000 everytime.

why does it need to know when you are at the track because it has to if you want to use it for what it was built for and so the speed limiter can be disabled because the skyline has a limited top speed of 111 MPH no thats not a typo

the US version will have a top speed of 156

and i don't feel like searching for that article

Like I said earlier, I would rather have the ZR1, for many reasons including what you just stated. Nissan dummies.

i'm sure the horsepower is under rated i hope it is, but lets not forget that so is the Corvettes. i.e. a Z06 is really closer to 550 then it's claimed 505.

and as far as the Nurburgring times are concerned they are to close to call (3sec) with factory drivers. For the Z06 there is a 14 second defference between an engineer and race driver.

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

7:56* - 155.80 km/h -- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ,company chief engineer Dave Hill (*mfr.)

7:42.9 - 160.21 km/h -- Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg, Jan Magnusen, (Sporbilen, jun,26 05)

7:29* -- 164.68 km/h -- 2009 Nissan GT-R, ??? PS/??? kg, *company test driver Tochio Suzuki according to mfr.

7:26.4* 168.07 km/h -- Corvette ZR1, 620 PS/1519 kg *General Motors development engineer Jim Mero

ZR1 > GTR, get over it. +1 for GM for finally building something that has some balls ;)

The ZR1 also has nearly 200bhp more and is lighter. I really never understood the comparison between the ZR1 and GTR. The GTR is a competitor for a Z06. The ZR1 is more in a class of Pagani, Ferrari's and Lamborghini's.