ZR1 vs GT-R at the 'Ring - The Comparison

ImUrOBGYN

Was going to post this in the other thread, but thought it was better placed in it's own thread. Enjoy.

Side by side comparison of both the Nissan GTR and the Corvette ZR1 at the Nürburgring (Nordschleife). These two videos were released by GM and Nissan as evidence of lap records, both starting a timer at different points on the track. To compare the laps, Garage419 has used a visual landmark to sync both videos; the pit-exit sign. We invite both drivers of the two cars to come to our garage to discuss their individual laps. - Garage419

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ZR1-vs-GTR-at-the-Ring_170827.htm?Ref=Blog

The vette is very impressive on the track so is the gtr, . I am glad americans are finally making cars that have balls and can turn. Next they should have the zR1 race a gtr vpec to make it more fair with pricing and performance.

As I posted in another thread, there has been evidence that the car that ran the ring WAS a VSPEC car, at least as far as suspension/tune is concerned.

Why is everyone soo entirely obesess with the ZR1 VS GTR ?

They are both awesome cars can't we just be glad we get both here in the states ???

Wow, we're like the same person. You should drive a Mini too! ;)

Sorry, but just watching the guys' hands on the wheels in the vid makes it clear that the guy in the GT-R was right on the edge of either the car's limits, or his own. He was making choppy, darting corrections through every corner, whereas the guy in the Vette was making smoother turns, setting a line and making smaller, slower corrections.

I think the guy in the ZR1 still had a bit further that he could push that car.