New 2 here, old 2 fast cars, (and just plain OLD)

Doc1647545523

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Lotus is awesome. I dream of the day that I have the ability to purchase an Elise. IMO, there's no better car within $50k of the Lotus's price tag. They look SO fine in black, although it's an absolute pain keeping a black car clean (from experience).

Hopefully I'll see you at an autocross. I'll trade you a ride in my Miata for a ride in your Elise! hahaha

Sure, maybe I could pay you to give me some driving lessons. This shifting thing... it seems to always mess me up. And if I get a JDM GT4, I'll have to learn it all over again but with my left hand. Maybe I should just give YOU the car and text you when I need to be driven somewhere :o

haha...your funny :D

but it seriously does sound like a good idea....lol

Thanks to all for your welcomes and positive feedback. I admire the work you've put in your cars and your enthusiasm. Talking with you guys on Friday and Saturday nights makes me realize how much more I have to learn about street tuner cars.

I'm leaving in a few minutes for a few days of quality time with the Lotus to explore some WVA and KY backroads. I'll check back with you on Thursday. Thanks for giving me access to the other Forum categories .... I especially appreciate that, given the events of the last few days.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/July%20cars/Lotusseats.jpg

Welcome. I live in Delaware. I saw your car a few months back. I was behind you in Charcoal grey Supra. (Older model) Followed you into a parking lot and snapped a shot with my camera phone. I've also seen it near London/Liberty in Delaware. Love the LotI's. ha

I'll have to come introduce myself next time.

Welcome. I live in Delaware. I saw your car a few months back. I was behind you in Charcoal grey Supra. (Older model) Followed you into a parking lot and snapped a shot with my camera phone. I've also seen it near London/Liberty in Delaware. Love the LotI's. ha

I'll have to come introduce myself next time.

Please do. I try to stay under the radar around town, but I get spotted at Liberty/London because I keep some of my cars and motorcycles near the airport there. Flag me down if you see me and we'll talk. All the cars have plates beginning with "DOX" and my bikes' plates all begin with "MY". I'd like to see your Supra.

Welcome, I've seen the cars at sonic. I've got one of the the white MR2's, I think the first night i saw you there Josh was with me in his MR2 as well. Welcome and most definitely come out and autocross.

Thanks Sean, Erica, Joe. Yeah, Joe, it's the same basic motor with a different tune. It's running much sweeter with the performance exhaust and ECU upgrade. I hope to get to meet you soon .... feel free to come up to me and say hi if you see me at any of the events/meets.

Yeah... she needs a resto but she is all original. My wife's great aunt purchased her back in Nov. 1965.

Black 2dr. post car with red interior. L-6 car w/ Powerglide (Jetaway) tranny.

Yeah... she needs a resto but she is all original. My wife's great aunt purchased her back in Nov. 1965.

Black 2dr. post car with red interior. L-6 car w/ Powerglide (Jetaway) tranny.

We used to say "Slip and slide with Powerglide"

of course, back then drifting was considered a bad thing :(

Thanks, Todd. Also thanks for adding to the thread about the wax problems. I was hoping that some professionals would post something. I put up the link for the Griot's manual because it covers the topics in great detail and there was no way for me to condense 95 pages of detailing advice to one simple post.

Hope to see you at a meet.

Thanks, Todd. I sold 3 of my cars and one motorcycle in this last month, trying to trim things down a bit. Unfortunately, the Bentley (1996 Turbo R) left, but it went to a good home. I've kept the Ducati 999 and the FJ in the picture, although the FJ has had a bull bar, winch, and off road lighting added since this pic. http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Ohiodailys.jpg