starion ConQuest Info...... Next Build

neonkiller

I reallyt want an LS6 with a T56 trans and a ford 9inch rear:) If at all possible.

ehh I'd stay away from a 9inch unless you plan on making tons of power. They suck up more power than any rear ened out there, an 8.8 may be a better choice!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanton, If you're going to be going this route.. you're in for a lot of work ahead of you. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, BUT, I would look into the aftermarket suspension support before considering something like this.. especially if you are considering drifting the car.

Guest Removed

there is one in my garage that is getting custom subframe connectors and a full on cage. granted this is going to be a drag car,but still.

this guy is tellin me the stock rearend will holdup to what he is doing. I Keep trying to talk him into 8.8 rearend with 4 link or ladder bars.

I'd do a 8.8 with9" ends or just go 9"

I was going to say buy Pats, but he didn't even bother to tell me he sold his!!

Pat(mega), I saw those shoes and liked them so much I just ordered a set!! What's with the shoes in everyones sigs??

Sorry! I haven't seen your name pop up on here lately.

With the shoes, we were footracing at hooters saturday night. I've been thinking of getting a pair of those too. Lemme know how comfortable they are.

there is one in my garage that is getting custom subframe connectors and a full on cage. granted this is going to be a drag car,but still.

this guy is tellin me the stock rearend will holdup to what he is doing. I Keep trying to talk him into 8.8 rearend with 4 link or ladder bars.

I'd do a 8.8 with9" ends or just go 9"

Well I figure a 9 inch wont break for what I want might as well do it right once.

And about the 4cyl comment. I just want power down low and you cannot get the torque I want from a 4cylnder that low to impress me. I have driven lots of LSX cars and been in them to know enough of what I want.

I'm doing research everyday. so far looks as if I can swap an LSX in there and keep the rear end...

Well I figure a 9 inch wont break for what I want might as well do it right once.

And about the 4cyl comment. I just want power down low and you cannot get the torque I want from a 4cylnder that low to impress me. I have driven lots of LSX cars and been in them to know enough of what I want.

I'm doing research everyday. so far looks as if I can swap an LSX in there and keep the rear end...

Have you ever dirven a 2.4L with a 50 trim? Say, a 240...

Its insta-torque.

Guest Removed

looks like this one is now going tublar 4 link and 9"...now i am happy

i have the go ahead to set this one up for a 10.5w tire.

A tidbit about the motor: the only real drawback I've found from my findings is the head design. Jet valves suck up heat and don't let it go, therefore cracking the head. Plus I think it flows pretty poorly as well. That, and the fuel systems/computers in them.

yeah the engines in there are known to blowheadgaskets like no other, its a known fact the heads are a big downfall to the motor, BTW shanton you will recieve the pic's before 5pm tomorrow. sorry for the delay. If you want to keep it 4cly they make kits for sr's and rb's also the rb 25 and 26 can produce a shit load of torque and rev high as fuck to spin them big hair dryers. just another options. I have the hook up on jdm motors ect let me know I can get you anything you want, and get free shipping let me know also.

A tidbit about the motor: the only real drawback I've found from my findings is the head design. Jet valves suck up heat and don't let it go, therefore cracking the head. Plus I think it flows pretty poorly as well. That, and the fuel systems/computers in them.

All problems that are solves with a 4G64, that is a bolt in application. :cool:

. If you want to keep it 4cly they make kits for sr's and rb's also the rb 25 and 26 .

Why spend that kind of money, when a 4G64 is a Bolt in application? ;)

All problems that are solves with a 4G64, that is a bolt in application. :cool:

Why spend that kind of money, when a 4G64 is a Bolt in application? ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by bolt in. Some modification is involved. http://projectzerog.com/

The highest horsepower G54B in a street car is only putting out 569hp i believe. The drag cars don't seem to have a problem making power but they blow something like 60psi to solve some of those poor head flowing issues. I say swap something else in there if you are wanting a tire killing monster. Then get bored with it and sell it to me for cheap. :)

CJ

I'm not sure what you mean by bolt in. Some modification is involved. http://projectzerog.com/

The highest horsepower G54B in a street car is only putting out 569hp i believe. The drag cars don't seem to have a problem making power but they blow something like 60psi to solve some of those poor head flowing issues. I say swap something else in there if you are wanting a tire killing monster. Then get bored with it and sell it to me for cheap. :)

CJ

It Bolts tot he STOCK transmission int he car, and you can use the clutch you already have. Bolt it up, take 5 minutes out of your life to mod the motor mounts, give the 4G63 harness 12volts, and your dunzo.

If you can hanlde that, then you have no business doing any other "swap". Its cake work in terms of the lack of fabrication.

It Bolts tot he STOCK transmission int he car, and you can use the clutch you already have. Bolt it up, take 5 minutes out of your life to mod the motor mounts, give the 4G63 harness 12volts, and your dunzo.

If you can hanlde that, then you have no business doing any other "swap". Its cake work in terms of the lack of fabrication.

I more of want a motor that will satisfy me for a while the way it sits, I dunno what LSX block i'm goin with but it will have more power than what I need.

I want gas stomping power and the car will be more of a drift / track car.

I understand what you guys are saying but I'm vearing away from 4cyl this tmne round.

Colt, the motor I choose will get boosted only in time anyhow with something much bigger than 35r's:bangbang:

Whats up with the RB motor I heard they can handle alot just on stock internals.

depends on what you concider high hp the 25 can handle around 550hp and be fine the 26 is in the 2jz area they are known for 550-700 hp stock bottom ends. others will swear up and down on the AUS and NZ sites that they can handle more, but I am not sure. I mean they are underrated stock, mine bone stock everything put down 309 rwhp on stock boost, stock rb25clutch, stock sidemount, stock everything, except for air filters.

If your looking into conquest ect I will be honest they lack suspension aftermarket, and if you are looking into doing all this yourself, sounds like a huge price tag. If you can do all the fab work yourself then you should be fine, but I bet you will be in the 20k-25k price range before the car even touches a road. I like the conquest for looks thats as far as it goes. If you are looking for another chassis trylooking for mint 240's s13's-s14;s they are still cheap and have much more aftermarket support, and there are plenty of lsx 240's already running around.

Look good but they're shit. Don't be fooled. I have owned one. Needs swap to be worthwhile.

thats the fucking truth, this type of project Id recomend getting the turbo and engine set up first before the car, I have not had time to go out there sorry shanton. They are not moving or going anyplace anyways.

I liked Pat's Starion :\

I care a lot more about how fun a car is to drive, rather than speed. I had lots of fun driving the Starion because it was very simple. It just felt like you and the car, and there was nothing else in the way of the driving experience.