Beer here

87GT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good choice, it's atleast AMERICAN! :nod: (Stab at budweiser selling to the Belgians)

Unfortunately, I think that most countries got their beer-making skeelz from the Belgians way back... So they are technically just taking it back, no?

I do think that was kind of a dick move, selling an American icon to foreginers... but it's hard to fault someone for taking $50 Billion for any company. :eek:

Unfortunately, I think that most countries got their beer-making skeelz from the Belgians way back... So they are technically just taking it back, no?

Yup, German/Bavarian recipies found their way into our beer. I'd say the Germans had/have more of an influence on American beer. I agree American beer is weak, but Budweiser and Miller are an American icon, what's next!!?

Over my dead body.

That's indirectly my point.

We, as a whole, need to draw the line somewhere.

I'm not one of those "Them foreigners took our Bud Light from us, what's next our babies?" kind of extremists... but it's disconcerting news, nonetheless.

Just realized I'm ranting, so I'll add to the actual topic:

At least we stil have Yuengling.

It has been around longer than Bud anyway... even though it's hard to come by in this state.

Yuengling so much better then Bud...

That's indirectly my point.

We, as a whole, need to draw the line somewhere.

I'm not one of those "Them foreigners took our Bud Light from us, what's next our babies?" kind of extremists... but it's disconcerting news, nonetheless.

Agreed. I still love New Castle BTW..........my mouth has just watered..................