boostking's intro.

boostking

Well "Hahn's" tune is the BSR tune (developed by BSR in Sweden...they do stuff for Saab's and made a tune for the Opel GT, which translates to the Sol, Sky, HHR, Cobalt...) Everything else he makes is crap, with possible exception to 2.0L SIDI intercooler, IMPO. After seeing his other stuff at SEMA up close I'm convinced it's Hahn ftl.

What's wrong with the car?

not a fan of hahn.... your the first. anyway the car has what feels like a hesitation under full boost. the car is diff holding back. no dtc or anything. they compared it to another one and there is deff. a major diff. in power. were waiting on a call from gm about what steps should be taken first in diag. don't want to just start throwing parts at it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a fan of hahn.... your the first. anyway the car has what feels like a hesitation under full boost. the car is diff holding back. no dtc or anything. they compared it to another one and there is deff. a major diff. in power. were waiting on a call from gm about what steps should be taken first in diag. don't want to just start throwing parts at it.

I'm sure I'm not the first (judging by the thoughts of some people with DSM's, and a few others in the Sol/Sky forums) and I'm sure I won't be the last. No offence, but people like him because he makes parts for cars that most other aftermarket companies ignore, or because they don't know much about cars. I don't know anyone that's knowledgeable about engines that would ever buy his stuff.

Again, the BSR tune for the SIDI turbos are the exception and possibly the new intercooler he has out...but each of those mods are $1000 each. I will never spend $1000 for a tune, and $1000 for an intercooler is outrageous.

Swapping the turbo out for a crappy 20G doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, it's larger than stock, but I'd rather stick with something ball-bearing with really quick spool. You're not going to be able to run the RPM's to make use of a larger turbo (at the moment). A GT2871 or GT30 would be a much better choice...and you'd be able to re-use most (if not all) the stock turbo water and oil lines.

HPTuners will do very little at the moment. Westers Garage seems to have the 'best' tune for these cars right now.

Good luck with your car. I'm not sure what the hesitation could be...I haven't heard of anyone with that problem. The main Sol/Sky problems were with clams that weren't tight enough causing boost leaks. Keep me updated, I'd be interested to hear what the issue is.

Good luck with the car. The one I drove in March '07 was impressive. It's definitely a performance bargin and fun to drive.

phil is one you would want to listen to, he gets to play with alot mor cool stuff than we do and thats why he is going to get me a high paying job doing fun stuff like him. hint hint hintdy hint hint

phil is one you would want to listen to, he gets to play with alot mor cool stuff than we do and thats why he is going to get me a high paying job doing fun stuff like him. hint hint hintdy hint hint

haha, yeah, sometimes I get to drive some pretty cool stuff. The SS I drove was one of the that was at the 'Ring. :)

My time in it was short though :(

The best man in my wedding used to sit next to the SIDI 2.0L Ecotec on the dyno when it was being tuned. :p

AJ - I don't think you'd want to move to MI right now. Plus, you'd probably get a cooler job by working through GM and trying to make your way to Milford or Warren. Where I work you would get a lot of brake bleeds, wiring jobs, and the occasional short-notice trip to AZ, northern MI, Alaska, Sweden, Finland...who knows!

I'm sure I'm not the first (judging by the thoughts of some people with DSM's, and a few others in the Sol/Sky forums) and I'm sure I won't be the last. No offence, but people like him because he makes parts for cars that most other aftermarket companies ignore, or because they don't know much about cars. I don't know anyone that's knowledgeable about engines that would ever buy his stuff.

Again, the BSR tune for the SIDI turbos are the exception and possibly the new intercooler he has out...but each of those mods are $1000 each. I will never spend $1000 for a tune, and $1000 for an intercooler is outrageous.

Swapping the turbo out for a crappy 20G doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, it's larger than stock, but I'd rather stick with something ball-bearing with really quick spool. You're not going to be able to run the RPM's to make use of a larger turbo (at the moment). A GT2871 or GT30 would be a much better choice...and you'd be able to re-use most (if not all) the stock turbo water and oil lines.

HPTuners will do very little at the moment. Westers Garage seems to have the 'best' tune for these cars right now.

Good luck with your car. I'm not sure what the hesitation could be...I haven't heard of anyone with that problem. The main Sol/Sky problems were with clams that weren't tight enough causing boost leaks. Keep me updated, I'd be interested to hear what the issue is.

Good luck with the car. The one I drove in March '07 was impressive. It's definitely a performance bargin and fun to drive.

I have hptuners for all my tunning. I will get with you about my mods. thanks for the heads up! :)

AJ - I don't think you'd want to move to MI right now. Plus, you'd probably get a cooler job by working through GM and trying to make your way to Milford or Warren. Where I work you would get a lot of brake bleeds, wiring jobs, and the occasional short-notice trip to AZ, northern MI, Alaska, Sweden, Finland...who knows!

i'll pm you

I had a full hahn kit on my dsm a few years back, I was running the hahn 20g 10cm set up, serious it was prolly the worst investment I ever made. It made decent power but the parts were not built to my standards, after I had issues with the parts, they told me its an issue that they where having , I ended up having to pay for the parts again. waste of my time. and welcome.

its fixed, the new part will be here tomorrow because they want the one thats on the car to take it apart and see whats going on. he said he has the same problem on his car and there are a few that are starting to pop up here and there with this problem.

its fixed, the new part will be here tomorrow because they want the one thats on the car to take it apart and see whats going on. he said he has the same problem on his car and there are a few that are starting to pop up here and there with this problem.

What was it?

blow off valve control solenoid. the harmonics of the engine vibrate it enough to open it enough to let the vacuum from the accumulator (there is not one on the Sky thats why they don't have this problem) they had to add the accumulator because of some kind of surge while driving and then this problem showed up. its an easy fix by adjusting the bracket its mounted to, GM just wants to make sure there is nothing in the solenoid.

blow off valve control solenoid. the harmonics of the engine vibrate it enough to open it enough to let the vacuum from the accumulator (there is not one on the Sky thats why they don't have this problem) they had to add the accumulator because of some kind of surge while driving and then this problem showed up. its an easy fix by adjusting the bracket its mounted to, GM just wants to make sure there is nothing in the solenoid.

thanks for all your hard work AJ. I hope he oked some straight time for you because I am sure the valve don't pay shit.