New job=New car

Buteo

I'd look at a new Lexus, they are really nice looking cars IMO.

Maybe a new Malibu or Aura? Better yet, what about a Pontiac G8? RWD, V8, fast, luxurious, looks great inside and out, classy yet sporty, and soon to be offered in the 6-speed manual (if not already)

Thanks to all for the input. I definitely need to look into some other options more. However, I do want awd...that is a must. I was never planning to buy new, most likely slightly used under 30k miles or so.

The volvo and legacy are definitely an option.

I don't feel like I have to "impress" anyone. But, I just don't want to give anyone a negative first impression from a loud, race-like, relatively fast wrx. I'd say conservative is my goal, and I just dig the looks of the is250 and c300.

I have driven the is and thought it was nice. I haven't driven a c300.

Doesn't sound like you need to have a car to impress clients...

Hmm, to me, it sounded as though he does need to worry at least a little about making a good impression, considering the clientele he expects to be riding in his vehicle and his intended line of work.

If it were me, I'd go with Option #3.

It's weird to hear Lexus as being such high class....it's just a glorified Toyota haha. I'd check out the AWD volvos (NOT THE CROSS COUNTRY), or the Lexus. I feel like BMW and Mercedes are "high class". I would stay away from Audi because of their chronic problems when they are driven often. Or heck, stick with a Subaru if thats what you like.

If you don't need AWD I would also check out the new Accord's. Those look super classy.