Stolen Quad on CL

Guest 614Streets

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry been out of town but bike is getting complete redone right know chain came off cracked the block so having everything done while tore down.

I just got this last night.

reply i got:

bike in shop getting lot of new parts right know,sorry been out off town.

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, k ramsey <kramsey84@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: I have cash,

To:

Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 5:28 PM

ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

** Avoid:
wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home

** Beware:
cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping

** More Info:

NO title, so what do you want for it. I was thinking 2500$

lmk,

Ramsey

"getting lots of new parts" = changing out everythign so you cant identify it as the stolen one.

hurry up and get the cops over there.

I think there's something like 7 different spots that the VIN will be, including the frame and the engine. What I'd say do is have a friend who can act as operator so to speak and go over to take a look at it. Find the vin number, memorize the important numbers(I believe the last 5) that you have and see if you can find the bike's vin number. If you find it to be a match say you're interested but you're wanting your mechanic friend to come over and give it a quick one over before buying it and he could be over in 5 minutes. Call your friend the operator and have some keywords to use when making the call to them that essentially tells them "The quad is stolen, call police" Police show up, arrest guy, you get back quad, have a beer and celebrate

If you find out where it is I'm more then willing to go with a group of people to "Get" said quad. If you can prove it's yours I have no problem muscling it back.

What if his kind of muscle is measured in muzzle velocity? What if he's not as smart or CCW trained as I'm sure the CR muscle crew is? What if the shit hits the fan and lead starts flying?

Let the fucking cops handle it, Peckinpah.

What if his kind of muscle is measured in muzzle velocity? What if he's not as smart or CCW trained as I'm sure the CR muscle crew is? What if the shit hits the fan and lead starts flying?

That is why we have to strike first, don't give him a chance to react, just go in guns a blazin. might wanna get some rocket launchers too while we are at it just in case he knows the local militia.

lol@muscle. I'd be a little careful before going into Zanesville trying to bully people around.

By his response in the emails I'm guessing when the threadstarter emailed him he mentioned something about it being stolen. Those replies are straight bullshit as if he's just bullshitting.

CR:Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A. for at least 48 hours. Blows my weekend.

op: Why?

CR: Because naturally I'm going to have to go with you. And we're going to have to arm ourselves... to the teeth!

All you need is a panel van, camcorder and about 5 guys. If the vin checks out, buyer takes off his hat and the rest of the crew steps out of the van with the cam running and the cops on the phone.

Your right, everyone in Zanesville is "Real Tuff". ;)

that's obviously not what I meant.It's just not a good idea to go in there with a bunch of guys trying to be hardasses and some one getting shot over a fucking 4 wheeler.

When i was in high school me and some friends went to a trailer park and try and get some stolen items back. There was a few cars of people. <--(you know how highschool is) everyone was just sitting back and watching my friend try and get his stuff. Well in about 10mins half the trailer park was out there. ONe with a shot gun others with knifes. One car got the window busted out by shot gun buttstroke. Cops got called and we were leaving when you get a shotgun pointed in the face you tend to want to leave. LOng story short he didnt get his stuff back. 40 year old man with shotgun went to jail for the weekend. He later ended up shooting a kid in the head about a month later.

I could see a similar result here. Call cops once vin is confermed.

CR:Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A. for at least 48 hours. Blows my weekend.

op: Why?

CR: Because naturally I'm going to have to go with you. And we're going to have to arm ourselves... to the teeth!

http://www.moviewallpapers.net/images/wallpapers/1998/fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas/fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-3-800.jpg

HST sez "well played"

edit: from the grave:thumbdown