F Carson Palmer

Buckeye1647545503

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a Heisman Trophy Winner at USC, what is wrong with what he said, he is true to his school, he should be. Just like many fans here that have never even stepped foot in a classroom at OSU. :o

If he said he hates the Bengals then I can see a problem, he may not be saying that now but I bet he thinks it a lot. :)

He's a Heisman Trophy Winner at USC, what is wrong with what he said, he is true to his school, he should be. Just like many fans here that have never even stepped foot in a classroom at OSU. :o

He wasn't hyping up SC as much as he was denegrating OSU and, more specifically, OSU's fans. I can completely support a pro quarterback talking up his alma mater (e.g., "SC is awesome, I think we'll do great again OSU..."), but I think it's a bit silly - for several reasons - for a pro quarterback to bash another university's program.

If it was Troy Smith talking shit about Michigan this year he'd be a home town hero for his actions......

I disagree. I'd, for one, find the same comments coming from Smith about UM to be as equally as silly/disrespectful, and I'd imagine a fair share of OSU fans would feel the same as me. Of course, there are ignorant OSU fans - every team/sport has its share of ignorant fans, after all - but they aren't all ignorant.

He went about it wrong being a professional in the state. I am sure it was brought on by hearing endless and I mean ENDLESS shit talking out and about. I hate even bringing up college football when I go out because there is always that one OSU fan that doesn't know when to shut up.

disclaimer: I know not all OSU fans are like that, but there seems to be one everywhere I go.

Of course, there are ignorant OSU fans - every team/sport has its share of ignorant fans, after all - but they aren't all ignorant.

I swear Ohio State seems to have more than anyone, ofcoarse they have a lot of fans so it makes sense

I disagree. I'd, for one, find the same comments coming from Smith about UM to be as equally as silly/disrespectful, and I'd imagine a fair share of OSU fans would feel the same as me. Of course, there are ignorant OSU fans - every team/sport has its share of ignorant fans, after all - but they aren't all ignorant.

I'm not saying all the fans would, but most would, and the majority usually rules the opinion world.

I swear Ohio State seems to have more than anyone, ofcoarse they have a lot of fans so it makes sense

Yeah, OSU has a massive fan base - perhaps behind only Notre Dame and (gasp!) Michigan - in terms of a national following. Also, consider that OSU is a huge school - second only to, I believe, Florida in terms of overall enrollment - so there are a ton of alumni floating around the country. Further, OSU is based in a relatively large, metropolitan area that has relatively large population. Thus, just by association, there'll be a large number of fans. So, what's that mean? Not really sure, but I'd guess that, just by the numbers, it adds up to OSU having a lot of fans and, thus, a larger potential to have vocal and/or ignorant fans roamning about.

I'm not saying all the fans would, but most would, and the majority usually rules the opinion world.

You don't know how the majority of OSU fans would feel about that issue. You could surmise how they might feel about it, but you don't know. This isn't to say you wouldn't be ultimately correct on the issue or that I can't appreciate your viewpoint, I'm just saying that it seems highly implausible that you would actually knowthat.

You don't know how the majority of OSU fans would feel about that issue. You could surmise how they might feel about it, but you don't know. This isn't to say you wouldn't be ultimately correct on the issue or that I can't appreciate your viewpoint, I'm just saying that it seems highly implausible that you would actually knowthat.

:o Well that is my opinion so I cannot say "fact" I guess. So you are right.

Scott does it really matter he plays for Cincinnati? I mean many of their fans are based in KY if you really want to knit pick. Lot's of Wildcat fans there... :p

as a pro quarterback he is good

and i have always liked him playing for my second favorite team

but damn, did i just lose A LOT of respect for him as a person, he was a total ass talking about OSU fans like that.

for mostly Ohioans paying his bills and hating having to be in Ohio, and hearing us, i hope he hears a lot more from us when/if he plays bad this year

FUCK YOU Carson Palmer!

Someone at a bar a few weeks ago tried to say that Alabama had more Heisman's than OSU.

I haven't lol'd that hard in a long time.

/randomfootballtalk

As for the Bengals, I could care less if Carson doesn't like OSU. I'm more mad about CJ...

Someone at a bar a few weeks ago tried to say that Alabama had more Heisman's than OSU.

I haven't lol'd that hard in a long time.

/randomfootballtalk

As for the Bengals, I could care less if Carson doesn't like OSU. I'm more mad about CJ...

LOL, has Alabama even had one Heisman winner?

Kenny, what's the reference to CJ?

LOL, has Alabama even had one Heisman winner?

Kenny, what's the reference to CJ?

I had the same question so I Googled it when I got home, not a single winner.

OSU is tied for first with USC and ND (which I told him, but he wasn't hearing it).

CJ - Chad Johnson aka Ocho Cinco... he's being a baby because someone said he was like cancer to the Bengals.