Newbie here

Fubar231

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 14psi is generally considered fuel cut for our cars. With the Lexus AFM upgrade and 550 injectors, fuel cut is generally lost for good. Many people can get away without fuel tuning this way, as well, though I believe a SAFC is great for fine tuning.

I think a stand alone a/t cooler is much for effective. As far as radiators go, anyone you can fit in there will work.

Cool, so you think i could run 12lbs without hitting fuel cut? I just don't want to hit fuel cut that shits annoying. I know about the lexus-rc upgrade, do you know anyone or have you used the LIPP AFM Replacement? Its the same as the Lexus.

http://www.suprasport.com/LIPP-AFM-with-adjustable-set-screw_p_49-178.html

Haha nice. About hitting Fuel Cut on the 7mgte. Someone said its 14.7 lbs but i cant really believe that. For every 1000 feet above sea level you are the air is more pressurized, and being high or lo air can affect that too. Not saying our fuel cut isnt 14.7lbs, but what im saying is if i tuned it to 14.7 lbs, some days it might be fine, then the next (If it rains or something) the air pressure could change and then i could be hitting FC all day long.

Mine is set at 14.7 for the fuel cut reason, once my rebuild is done that MAY change depending on finances.

Mine is set at 14.7 for the fuel cut reason

You dont ever have problems about hitting fuel cut due to the weather? I read on supraforums or something that due to air pressure, it can affect of Fuel cut.

You dont ever have problems about hitting fuel cut due to the weather? I read on supraforums or something that due to air pressure, it can affect of Fuel cut.

I bought the car off of a good friend of mine and when i drove the car I noticed no issues. He never mentioned any issues when we talked about the car while it was still running. I'm sure it is a possibility, just not a big issue here I suppose.

Cool, so you think i could run 12lbs without hitting fuel cut? I just don't want to hit fuel cut that shits annoying. I know about the lexus-rc upgrade, do you know anyone or have you used the LIPP AFM Replacement? Its the same as the Lexus.

http://www.suprasport.com/LIPP-AFM-with-adjustable-set-screw_p_49-178.html

Should be fine but I will tell you the fuel cut on the auto is generally a bit lower due to the way the auto affects boost. The Lipp AFM is a ripoff. You can find an actual lexus AFM for cheaper, plus, it will probably still have the honeycomb and electonics box whereas teh Lipp will not. Yes, I know the Lipp has the adjustment screw. If you really need that, bring an afm here (even your stock one) and I will do that screw thing for you in less than 5 minutes.

Nice nice. Ill probably be junkyard hopping for a while. Talked to the shop today cause the heard back from the machine shop. The car had the HG done before, but it was done wrong. The head was never cleaned up. Now causing me way to many problems. I need to replace all the valves with longer ones, and have the block machined down a descent amount. The machinest wants to take it apart completely, clean it, blast it, mad stuff to it. Getting the estimate in a little while. Kinda sucks, really pissed. I don't care though cause i want this shit done right.