For the CR Hillbilies

XChris1632X

Union county fair is this week and the truck pulls were tonight. Last year they were in may and I tried for the first time. Right off the line I grenaded the posi in my Dana 70 at 8psi launch. That was three days before I left for basic training, so my truck sat for a very long time. This year I was ready to re-deem myself. I got my 200hp injectors installed and with a fresh posi in the rear was hoping to just make a successful pull. I was figuring on getting about 175 feet because I was trying to be so easy on my truck but I almost shit when I heard them say 272' and 10". I was only running half power since I had my Edge box turned down to step 2. I am still running stock turbo so with the 200hp sticks I have she gets hot quick. I could've ran step 3 maybe but I was briefly at 1400* on my EGT gauge when I let off the throttle at the end. A lot of you might say whatever redneck but I am excited, and I can honestly say this is a rush that has just as much thrill as drag racing. All I want to do now is pull again. It is time for a new turbo, head studs, o rings, and some traction bars.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think idiots is a strong word, I have seen far more people go to the dragstrip and break far more things than at the truck pulls. Dragstrips are hard on any vehicles but it doesn't stop any of us. I am also trying to better build my truck to hold up to the pulling track.

i think idiots is a strong word, I have seen far more people go to the dragstrip and break far more things than at the truck pulls. Dragstrips are hard on any vehicles but it doesn't stop any of us. I am also trying to better build my truck to hold up to the pulling track.

It's Pickaway county. They're idiots. Believe me. :D

I think Knox Co. fair tonight has the pulls, just heard they changed the sled around, so everyone's trying to find a damn draw bar to hook up with. I've been contemplating a pulling truck.

Actually I've seen a local truck with 300hp 500+ torque. That's gotta be quick right?

Actually I've seen a local truck with 300hp 500+ torque. That's gotta be quick right?

Not really, that's about what stock Duramax, Cummins and Powerstrokes put down. Last 7.3 Powerstroke we did, threw down 270 RWHP and around 480RWTQ(Stock exhaust and stock airbox too). After the SCT programmer threw 398RWHP and 690somethinRWTQ. Turbo back exhaust, intake and a good programmer will net most those trucks over the 400RWHP mark, and over 600+RWTQ. I know some "stack" their programmers, but I personally wouldn't do it to my own truck.

would probably run high 14s at best

Those aren't that high of numbers on a diesel really. I know a guy that makes 400/650 and only runs high 13s. Those things are heavy as hell.

there is a pull tonight at knox county i beleive... my cousins have a pulling truck and are very competitive ... check out truckpulls.com have all the info on pulls in this area... as far as power i see a few people on here talking about it there truck dynoed at 810 hp forget the tq but was way up there they alway finish in the top 5 at all the pulls and won like 17 last year!!!

Guest tbutera2112
It didn't beat the mustang, but 12's ain't bad.

I plan on getting a 24V next spring. I've been dying for a diesel truck for sometime. Nobody round Columbus has a fast diesel.

theres a late 80s early 90s cummins with a big banks kit that made me look like i was sitting still, he was shooting flames out the side pipes and he left me sitting there...it was in pickerington/reynoldsburg area

would probably run high 14s

Those aren't that high of numbers on a diesel really. I know a guy that makes 400/650 and only runs high 13s. Those things are heavy as hell.

Diesel performance or 8 Lug magazine had a Silverado 1500 2WD with a 6.6 LLY Duramax running 11's and some change @ over 118mph with the basic mods and slicks. The breaking point on most those trucks are rear ends, and tranny's. Head studs, turbo's and injectors are needed when pushing it harder.

theres a late 80s early 90s cummins with a big banks kit that made me look like i was sitting still, he was shooting flames out the side pipes and he left me sitting there...it was in pickerington/reynoldsburg area

Probably did a late model 24V swap, those early diesel motors are garbage and most were non-turbo.