New from lima

speedwolf02

thanks for all the welcome.. lol yea lima is pretty much allll flat and no curves that ive seen.. 4 pages of reponses in one day... u guys must be bored out ur mind lol, and for the pic at the drag strip.. im originally from michigan and it was martin drag way.. ive been there multiple times before i get kicked out for going to fast with out the proper equiptment... lol. looks like we can get together some rides and what not to keep our selfs occupied for the summer

Tons of tracks in Ohio. http://ohcgp.clubgp.com/ohio_dragstrips.htm

Norwalk is the only "big one" left that runs any national events, but National Trails used to host one and there's a ton of little tracks throughout the state. Sucks for you though because you're not really close to any of them in Lima.

Picture whoring Norwalk photos...the busa

l_656b10.jpg

The SV...

p9101610.jpg

I keep meanin' to tell you, I REALLY like your SV Justin....Very sharp!! You done good kid! ;)

Are those dress/khaki pants you're wearin'? I'm surprised Norwalk doesn't make you wear leathers, with them bein' a big boy track 'n all

Thx Fonz.

Yea... you're not the first to mention the khakis - I rode from work and didn't stop home to change. Obviously, my "racewear" needed work. I've got all the appropriate gear now. But Norwalk really only requires a helmet, long sleeve jacket (doesn't even have to be leather), and gloves (for some reason they're REAL sticklers on the gloves) - that's just from my observations of guys running at the track, not necessarily the spoken/written rules of the track.

yep at martin the best time i ran was when it was cooler out and i ran like a total of 22 times i think about the 12-14 run was my best againts my friends r1. i ran 11.02 @123 mph.. .03 away from the 10s kinda pissed because i think i might of let off at the last second to get my speed down a little so i wouldnt get yelled at by the officails. cause i had one before that run 11.07 @ 126.99 so... yea thats the best ill probly get with this bike.... at the track that u got the sv on do they have a limit (ours was 120) that you had to have full leathers and a teather

... at the track that u got the sv on do they have a limit (ours was 120) that you had to have full leathers and a teather

10s will come once you work on your 60' times.

If I recall correctly, per the official "rules" - bikes quicker than 10.99 the rider has to have full leathers. Normally they're more lenient on guys riding street bikes - I've never been spoken to about my gear on the Hayabusa (Leather jacket, helmet, boots - basically the same as you saw with me on the SV), and it's just a stock bike. I'm NOT advocating riding without the proper equipment - it was a risk I took every week, and probably not the smartest one. It's hypocritical I know, but this is one of those "do as I say and not as I do" moments in my life. Luckily, I've never had any incidents.

I know you're new so you haven't read the other threads, but I've seen guys in the mid 9's with just a textile jacket and jeans (I don't know if they were spoken to by officials or not, but they were allowed to run the entire night). Regarding the tether, the only bikes I see with a tether are purpose built drag bikes... if you're riding a street bike, they don't seem to require a tether.

:dj:

Edited by JRMMiii