CMH and checking a gun

evan9381

well, let's say that you bring your concealed gun into mcdonalds. you order your food, go to grab your drink, and as you turn around with your drink in your hand, you accidentally bump into another patron and spill your pop on him. he calls you an asshole and shoves you. a fist fight ensues---do you pull out your gun???

i will admit that i AM generalizing a bit, because i think many people who carry can be put into situations like the one above, and make a mistake. are you in imminent danger of losing your life in the above situation?? absolutely not. is it justified to pull out your gun in mcdonalds and shoot the guy?? absolutely not---so what would you do if this guy was standing between you and the exit, and the only weapon he was weilding was a beergut and his fists??

I am an third-party in this conversation, but why not pack your balls up and walk away? Why would a fight need to ensue because some guy at McDonalds calls you an asshole. Maybe it is just YOU that shouldn't have concealed carry (not that you do) because of the way I see your mind working.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if i spilled my pop on him (because i wasnt looking or he was in my way, either way...), calls me an asshole and shoves me, for a fistfight to ensue, i guess it would mean i would attack him for shoving me...correct? i mean if he shoves me, he's probably not going to be coming after me for a follow up.

in that case, if i came back at him, i *could* be considered the agressor because i had an option to walk away. IF i was found to be the agressor, i can not pull my gun, legally

now, if i spilled my pop, he shoved me, and was crazy enough to pull out a pocket knife and say he was going to kill me and started coming at me (extreme end of the spectrum, i know), at that point my gun would be drawn letting him know to rethink his decision. if he still came at me to the point where i felt there was no stopping it, he would get shot.

no pocket knife, and he just punched you in the face, and is standing between you and the door.

I am an third-party in this conversation, but why not pack your balls up and walk away? Why would a fight need to ensue because some guy at McDonalds calls you an asshole. Maybe it is just YOU that shouldn't have concealed carry (not that you do) because of the way I see your mind working.

i'm asking him a question, and its clear you don't have the intelligence to answer it, so step aside please.

no pocket knife, and he just punched you in the face, and is standing between you and the door.

If I got punched in the face I probably would have beat on him, got him off me, and if he comes back at me, probably draw on him.

like???

if you're in a position where you think you can defuse it by letting someone know you're carrying, without showing, it can stop it from happening

i read a thread on one of the gun forums im on about a guy pumping gas somewhere, only one at the station at the time...not a great neighborhood, kinda late...guy coming at him, good distance away asking him for change or a couple bucks...i dont remember the amount. guy told him he didnt have it, and stepped on the other side of the fuel line (to have something between him and the guy)...the guy still keeps coming toward him, so he simply pulled his shirt back a bit, put his hand on his gun to let the guy know he was armed, and the guy turned around, shouted "fucking asshole!" to him, or something along those lines, and went on his way

if you're in a position where you think you can defuse it by letting someone know you're carrying, without showing, it can stop it from happening

i read a thread on one of the gun forums im on about a guy pumping gas somewhere, only one at the station at the time...not a great neighborhood, kinda late...guy coming at him, good distance away asking him for change or a couple bucks...i dont remember the amount. guy told him he didnt have it, and stepped on the other side of the fuel line (to have something between him and the guy)...the guy still keeps coming toward him, so he simply pulled his shirt back a bit, put his hand on his gun to let the guy know he was armed, and the guy turned around, shouted "fucking asshole!" to him, or something along those lines, and went on his way

The bug bite trick is what we were taught

i guess you're in some world im not familiar with. i think the percentage of the populus that would attack someone in a mcdonalds for spilling a drink on them is quite low.

I dunno, wanna go down to the Broad St. McDonalds with me and try it? lol

i guess you're in some world im not familiar with. i think the percentage of the populus that would attack someone in a mcdonalds for spilling a drink on them is quite low.

its a hypothetical situation. you could be at red white and boom, and some drunk asshole tells your girlfriend she's got a nice ass. you call him a prick, and he's immediately in your face---this is how roughly one third of the shootings i was involved with occurred. all the others were drug-related, or people cleaning their guns/accidental shootings

i guess that would work, but personally, i like to be concealed as possible. last couple months (with it being considerably warmer), ive been carrying a keltec pf-9 in a pocket holster in my strong side front pocket. i also have an M&P 9c that i love to death...its a great gun, and small, but no where near as small (width wise is where it bulks up) as the keltec. carrying it on my right rear hip with the holster with a polo t-shirt shows a bit more than i like.

now when fall/winter roll back around and i have larger clothes and a jacket on, ill go back to carrying the M&P daily, as it will be easier to conceal

i guess that would work, but personally, i like to be concealed as possible. last couple months (with it being considerably warmer), ive been carrying a keltec pf-9 in a pocket holster in my strong side front pocket. i also have an M&P 9c that i love to death...its a great gun, and small, but no where near as small (width wise is where it bulks up) as the keltec. carrying it on my right rear hip with the holster with a polo t-shirt shows a bit more than i like.

now when fall/winter roll back around and i have larger clothes and a jacket on, ill go back to carrying the M&P daily, as it will be easier to conceal

No pic of mine, but this is my carry gun...

http://armsbid.com/ks7pix/7glmo24.jpg

its a hypothetical situation. you could be at red white and boom, and some drunk asshole tells your girlfriend she's got a nice ass. you call him a prick, and he's immediately in your face

almost had that kind of situation this year, but the kid was trying to say something similar to my sister. told him to watch what the hell he was saying, he looked at me, and kept walking.

and yes, i was CC while downtown that night.

its funny though, because, my g/f isn't thrilled with the idea, (but shes not to the point where i have to hear about it daily), but theres been a couple times since i got my license that we've been that she's said "you know, this is one of the times im GLAD you're carrying tonight". you can imagine how fast my jaw hit the ground

almost had that kind of situation this year, but the kid was trying to say something similar to my sister. told him to watch what the hell he was saying, he looked at me, and kept walking.

and yes, i was CC while downtown that night.

it happens more than you could imagine.

When is there going to be a CCW for long barrels? Crazed gunman on the interstate bypass again? No problem, America's finest federal gold is chambered...

lol. it would definitely be interesting to see someone trying to conceal a rifle. see someone walking down the street like they have a stiff straight leg. hahah

lol. it would definitely be interesting to see someone trying to conceal a rifle. see someone walking down the street like they have a stiff straight leg. hahah

Fuck it, I will just strap my SPX to my back and carry it around, it's legal

havent clicked the link yet, but i have hydrashocks and winchester SXTs. i think i put the hydrashocks in my keltec to come to florida because they're 124gr, and i heard that some people had issues with the keltec and 147gr rounds i got in the deal.

havent clicked the link yet, but i have hydrashocks and winchester SXTs. i think i put the hydrashocks in my keltec to come to florida because they're 124gr, and i heard that some people had issues with the keltec and 147gr rounds i got in the deal.

I have them loaded in my bedside gun, they won't pass through which is why I like them for self defense