Road Course

04silvrz

yep....been going. I know there are a few others on this board to regularly go as well.

I'm out for August, but will hopefully be able to get the FD a "new" transmission so I'll be ready to go for Sept.

Erik, I like the new screen name.

more than any "school" I've been to....usually more than you could ever want!

Ya looks like its 6 hours long with a half hour break in there. So figure driving for over 5 hours around a track. Should be fun, and way more track time then I would prob even use. Again, we are aiming for Oct. 3rd

Just a note to all you "fun day" hopefulls. I am headed up to the 24 hour race August 22-24. Rumors are floating that sometime in September the track may cancel all remaining events and close for the year to begin the repaving / reworking of the facility. Supposedly the track will be torn up and taken clear down to the base fill and all new pavement will be put down. Of course this is all still rumor - but you may wan to work in any fun day plans as early as possible, usually there's a grain of truth somewhere in these rumors...

Just a note to all you "fun day" hopefulls. I am headed up to the 24 hour race August 22-24. Rumors are floating that sometime in September the track may cancel all remaining events and close for the year to begin the repaving / reworking of the facility. Supposedly the track will be torn up and taken clear down to the base fill and all new pavement will be put down. Of course this is all still rumor - but you may wan to work in any fun day plans as early as possible, usually there's a grain of truth somewhere in these rumors...

I'd bet your rumors are pretty close to the truth. If they plan on having facilities built and a new track surface down to re-open next season under the new format and ownership the work is going to have to start before the track season is really over. Heck they usually run Fundays up into the middle of November but I"m guessing we won't get those late season days this year.

Andy

We (my brother(smokey) and I) go all the time...always post it up before hand and rarely does anyone actually go with us.

That said...I've already got two other track days planned for August so I doubt I'll make Ledges until September.

I want to Andy, I really do, but I think I need to take the winter and buy a few things like tires, Brake pads and Slotted or drilled rotors, High Temp brake fluid(I should have that in there now but don't) a harness bar, and some good belts to go with it. Oh yeah and another helmet. :)

I want to Andy, I really do, but I think I need to take the winter and buy a few things like tires, Brake pads and Slotted or drilled rotors, High Temp brake fluid(I should have that in there now but don't) a harness bar, and some good belts to go with it. Oh yeah and another helmet. :)

It's been discussed before but once again, it's not a good idea to run a multi point harness without a rollbar or rollcage. 3 point safty belts allow the torso to be pushed to the side when the roof collapses from a roll over, a racing harness will not.

Don't be too concerned with tires, brakes, or any fancy racing gear for your first time on track. Just be sure to have enough tread and pad to get through the event and bleed the brakes with some decent fluid.

It's been discussed before but once again, it's not a good idea to run a multi point harness without a rollbar or rollcage. 3 point safty belts allow the torso to be pushed to the side when the roof collapses from a roll over, a racing harness will not.

OK Good to know, no harness or bar. :)

Don't be too concerned with tires, brakes, or any fancy racing gear for your first time on track. Just be sure to have enough tread and pad to get through the event and bleed the brakes with some decent fluid.

the car is my daily, I want different stuff to run on the track vs my Daily Driver stuff. I ran once on Road America and man I destroyed some pads and rotors. I need to be able to use my car to transport my daughter safely.