It's the new guy

03KBCobra

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will check that out soon, and i do have a larger mass air its a sct big air 3000. What boost level would you run on a stock internal motor? I figured 15lbs is a good safe amount for pump gas, stock internal motor.

I'm absolutely the wrong person to ask about that. 17-19 would probably be a good level for daily driving, it's all in the tune on these cars.

I would sell that BA3000 and get a BA2800, the 3000 is simply too much for your setup.

I'm absolutely the wrong person to ask about that. 17-19 would probably be a good level for daily driving, it's all in the tune on these cars.

I would sell that BA3000 and get a BA2800, the 3000 is simply too much for your setup.

+1

you could easily get by with a SCT2400 if they still make them, and you'd be fine. 3000 is too much for you. i run a whipple with a 17 lb pulley, and i routinely see 18.5psi with good air--my car is dead reliable, and it is tuned by dynotune motorsports--very conservatively. but 17-19 is completely doable and will last forever with a good tune and 93 octane, provided you don't drive like an ass (5th gear pulls past 140mph, and back-to-back highway blasts). you should also get a head cooling mod. i put the even flow mod on my car during the whipple swap 1.5 yrs ago.

svtperformance and modularfords websites have enough info on these cars to make your head spin.

you need black rims, and your car would look exactly like mine. welcome.

+1

you could easily get by with a SCT2400 if they still make them, and you'd be fine. 3000 is too much for you. i run a whipple with a 17 lb pulley, and i routinely see 18.5psi with good air--my car is dead reliable, and it is tuned by dynotune motorsports--very conservatively. but 17-19 is completely doable and will last forever with a good tune and 93 octane, provided you don't drive like an ass (5th gear pulls past 140mph, and back-to-back highway blasts). you should also get a head cooling mod. i put the even flow mod on my car during the whipple swap 1.5 yrs ago.

svtperformance and modularfords websites have enough info on these cars to make your head spin.

you need black rims, and your car would look exactly like mine. welcome.

I just put the LFP cooling mod on the car about a month ago, i will probably raise the boost to 17 or 18lbs. I got the 3000 brand new from a friend for free in a deal we made so that's the only reason i'm using it he who owned a shop briefly and said it would work even though it's overkill.

I just put the LFP cooling mod on the car about a month ago, i will probably raise the boost to 17 or 18lbs. I got the 3000 brand new from a friend for free in a deal we made so that's the only reason i'm using it he who owned a shop briefly and said it would work even though it's overkill.

From everything I have read on those, tuning is a bitch for driveability. I would really recommend selling it and picking up a 2800. Overkill can be a bad thing sometimes.

I spy a fox body. :)

Welcome aboard mang, absolutely love the way the KBs sound.

yea that's my 91 GT, I sold it a couple months ago, That had a N/A 347 stroker with trick flow twisted wedge heads and intake, and a laundry list of other parts, pretty much everything thing was new on that car. Here's a few pic's of it,

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/03kbcobra/DSC00914.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/03kbcobra/DSC00943.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/03kbcobra/DSC00911.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/03kbcobra/DSC00917.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/03kbcobra/DSC00926.jpg

From everything I have read on those, tuning is a bitch for driveability. I would really recommend selling it and picking up a 2800. Overkill can be a bad thing sometimes.

+1

you will have a BITCH of a time tuning the car for driveability. i'd go for the 2800, or the 2400.

soo I hope when you get done with this shit it runs faster in the 1/4 than the other cobras around here... I hear theres at least 3 that cant beat a mach 1 with a stock pulley and 7lbs in the 1/4....anways sexy car.

soo I hope when you get done with this shit it runs faster in the 1/4 than the other cobras around here... I hear theres at least 3 that cant beat a mach 1 with a stock pulley and 7lbs in the 1/4....anways sexy car.

Oh, you want to play?

good.... 126 traps should be in the high 10's with a low 1.6x 60'

i'll need some weight reduction for 10's--the solid rear will drop 150lbs, and lightweight seats another 100lbs. then, i just need some driving lessons.

What part of cleveland are you at? I am living up there right now for school. Welcome and nice car. Dont forget to get that car over to dynotune!

I'm from Fairview Park actually it's just on the west side of cleveland, It's only about 3 miles wide the city so it's easier to say cleveland. Yea i have to get it finished and dyno tuned but the way shit's been going lately i doubt it's gonna happen any time soon.