Looking for a FWD Dyno.

Tripleskate

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to slo mo is funny because there dyno does not generate enough load. look at any graph they ever post and compare it to the same car and setup on a Load bearing dyno. It also will give you a inflated number.

No offense to slo mo as in from what I know there nice guys. I just don't care for Dynopaks.

I'm anxious to try out the Mustang Dyno. I hear they generate even more load.

We have a Dyno Jet and good prices if you just wont some pulls. Located right off west broad and 270. just give us a call for prices and time.

Brian Turner

614-778-8984

Dyno Tune Motorsports

311 OPM Companies Drive

Galloway, OH 43119

Yes, call Brian.

Going to slo mo is funny because there dyno does not generate enough load. look at any graph they ever post and compare it to the same car and setup on a Load bearing dyno. It also will give you a inflated number.

No offense to slo mo as in from what I know there nice guys. I just don't care for Dynopaks.

I'm anxious to try out the Mustang Dyno. I hear they generate even more load.

You couldnt be more wrong. I have compared 2 cars on slomo's and IPS's dyno and they are within 2-4whp of eachother. The cars compared are my old Evo 8 and my Vette. Go do some actual research before you spill your brain on the keyboard again.

Inflated numbers are good for those of us with slow cars, lol. I think I'm gonna head up to IPS, my friend pansied out so I guess it'll be just me and my slow 3. :p

Thanks for stopping down! Let me know if there is anything we can help you with in the future :)

Jeff

What is a load bearing dyno? Most dynos measure how fast you spin the roller from a beginning rpm to an ending rpm give a horsepower and torque reading from there. No matter what the vehicle weighs, the rollers of the dyno always weigh the same amount. A load bearing dyno works a little bit differently. On our dyno we input the weight of the vehicle and also the aerodynamic factor of the vehicle being tested. From there, through the use of an Eddy Current Power Absorption Unit, the rollers are loaded to simulate actual vehicle weight and even more load is added as the vehicle accelerates simulating wind resistance as well. With a load bearing setup the vehicle actually accelerates as it would on the street. A load bearing dyno is also not limited to wide open throttle horsepower sweeps like the other dynos. Low speed drivability, 0-60 runs, ¼ mile runs, inclines, and towing simulation are just a few of the tests that can only be done on a load bearing dyno like the AWD-500-SE.