Car Cig. Lighter/Power Question

TTQ B4U

So if I have a power port in the armrest of my car that stays 'hot' with current when the car is not running, will simply plugging a cell phone charger into it with the phone attached pull current or drain the battery of my vehicle?

I don't expect the battery to completely drain, but rather is it pulling any current at a level I should be concerned aobut or does it need the phone attached to do anything.

Just wondering if I should unplug the whole cord or just the phone. I may eventually get around to re-wiring it shut off with the car though.

Thanks.

The current draw is so small I would not worry about it. Most chargers have an LED indicator light on them that will draw current with the phone unplugged, but the current draw is so small no need to worry.

Cool. Hardwiring the accessory I have planned will make things so nice, but I'll test it for a bit first.

The current draw is so small I would not worry about it. Most chargers have an LED indicator light on them that will draw current with the phone unplugged, but the current draw is so small no need to worry.

led's, such as what is on many chargers, use such a minuscule amount of power that its not even worth thinking about. I would only be worried if you are leaving the phone itself plugged in and on, but even then I can't fathom it using enough power to make any kind of difference. You can run your stereo for a few hours before the battery starts to notice, and amplifiers, even the tiny ones in a headunit, use a fair amount of power.