Go-Kart!

morphout

*Note to self....get tires from Turbo*

Ahh, another NA owner....looks like i can relax a bit now ;)

Regarding the paint, i think the car was in a garage and under a cover for the first 11 years of its life. Over that time, it averaged about 5500 miles/year.

I've nearly doubled that in the last 3 years.

Your paint looks damn good in that pic, esp for being 17 years/old. How long ago was that pic? What kind of bar is that and how tall are you? Any issues with it?

That was taken a few years ago I think. The paint on the sides still shines pretty damn good for it's age, but the front bumper is almost pink now and waxing or polishing it only rips more paint off. I guess it was a problem they had the first few years in the painting process that they eventually fixed. I'll try and take a pic sometime to show how much worse it has become.

As for the roll bar, I'm 99% sure it's this one. I use a hard top during the winter and it fits perfectly with it. I'm about 5 foot 8 inches, so I'm just about the right height for a Miata, but I've had no complaints about the bar. It's a good thing to have if you plan on doing autocrossing or road racing (some events at certain tracks will require a bar if I'm not mistaken), plus I think it makes the car look a little less like the official AARP cruiser.

yeah, i figured it to be a hard dog, lol on AARP comment....

would like to meet up with you sometime and sit it in to see how that thing works with a guy who's 6'2"

Sounds good, I'll be moving back to campus around the middle of September. My driver side seat does sit a bit lower though since a lot of the padding inside has been worn down, but it should still give you a general idea. The biggest thing is getting used to having two big diagonal bars in your rearview mirror, but it really isn't that bad.

Guest chpmnsws6

Let me know and it can be removed in a week or so haha

Tell him to pick up a cheap rolling chassis car. engine has 40k miles on it (JDM long snout) and a good 5 speed. I'll also include an NA rx7 trans so he can have the good 5th gear :D

Let me know and it can be removed in a week or so haha

Tell him to pick up a cheap rolling chassis car. engine has 40k miles on it (JDM long snout) and a good 5 speed. I'll also include an NA rx7 trans so he can have the good 5th gear :D

FC RX7 transmissions work best...taller 5th I presume you're talking about.

Nice NA! Looks just like mine. You should show up to autocross sometime! Those tight courses are what our cars were made for.

How do you like the FM turbo? I've been looking into the BEGI-S kit recently, although I need to do suspension/brake work before I do the go fast mods.

Chpmnsws6, what price are you looking for on the turbo? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to say here.

Guest chpmnsws6
FC RX7 transmissions work best...taller 5th I presume you're talking about.

This is the one I have sitting here. The turbo ones are supposed to have the short gearing and the NA ones had the tall gear. I was going to swap it in but decided I'd swap in a 6 speed and 4 more pistons.... but have to remove the turbo in order to do it haha

Ed, you done bodywork on it yet? Also what's the word on the "turbo'd SHO" :rolleyes:

Bodywork? The damage is just battle scars. I figure a little rust/chipped paint makes my little car a little less gay.

You and I both knew that freakSHO would never happen. He doesnt have the $, ability or motivation. haha