CD player in 98 camaro

Big A

For all you Fbody guys that have after market indash CD players, who did you have install it? Bestbuy said all this B.S. and wanted a shit ton to do it. I still have yet to check with circuit city but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions?

Yeah man, GMs are so easy to pull apart it's not even funny. In fact, I doubt you'll need anything more than a phillips head screwdriver... And don't buy from best buy, they suck at life. Buy from Crutchfield and get all the extra parts for free... They even give you instructions that a monkey can understand...

nope all you have to do is pull the front panel off(just grab and pull), then there should be 2 7mm bolts holding the radio in place take those out, remove/unplug radio, install new aftermarket harness, plug in new radio mount with the 2 7mm bolts re-install dash panel. done

nope all you have to do is pull the front panel off(just grab and pull), then there should be 2 7mm bolts holding the radio in place take those out, remove/unplug radio, install new aftermarket harness, plug in new radio mount with the 2 7mm bolts re-install dash panel. done

+1 for truth, even if your car has a monsoon system in it, it works just like this. Don't forget about the antenae adapter.

+1 for truth, even if your car has a monsoon system in it, it works just like this. Don't forget about the antenae adapter.

+2..I forgot the antenna adapter once and couldnt figure out for a week what was wrong with it.It was the most annoying week of my life.

Yea the monsoon is what he said was fucking it all up. Just wanted to check, but since it sounds so easy I guess I'll look into doing it myself. Thanks guys.

Yea the monsoon is what he said was fucking it all up. Just wanted to check, but since it sounds so easy I guess I'll look into doing it myself. Thanks guys.

My 98 came with the Monsoon with external amp and the external cd changer. The only thing I lost was the cd changer. Other then that just goto Wal-Mart and get the harness for your car and the cage that fits and install it, it's easier enough that you should be able to put it in in under a half hour as long as you take the harness from the cdplayer and harness you got from WalMart that matches your car and mate them before you install it. Pretty straightforeward and sounds a helluva lot better then the stock player that was in there no matter what deck you buy.

1. Buy pizza

2. I buy 6 pack

3. Install

4. ???

5. Profit?

Me, you, lots of beer, lots of pizza.

Losing the steering controls sucks.

If I had that then yes that would suck, however I do not. Thanks for the help guys