Stuck up forums. (Thorne's rant)

thorne

So I hang out on another forum that I'm not going to name publicly. But it had become kinda clicky imho and it seemed like people were set in there ways. Well a very respected member and friend of mine made a post pointing some of these things out. I made a post right after backing him up because I had the same thoughts.

In his post he assumed he was going to get banned just because of the complete lunicy the admins had gone to. So I posted in mine if you ban y you can ban me to.

I mean this really pissed me off because I had personally did quite a bit of shit for this forum, Dyno Days , Sponsorship , Helping other members. I mean I was a active part but just agreed with what Ty said.

Well low and behold We were banned. For 30 fucking days.

It really pissed me off that they would do that to, The things the other person has done for the board is off the hook. I never I repeat never see the admins setting as much shit up or even half as much shit up as myself and Ty have done.

To top it the fuck off I just talked to admins here to get it allowed for them to come to our track day.

This makes me really think about how nice of a place CR is to be. I mean to get banned here you actually have to break a posted rule. If you do its 3 days. There where no posted rules we broke. The wording was pg13 at best.

I was banned for 30 fucking days.................... So was Ty.

I will be having a talk with there sponsors and I think its really fucking nice they did not answer my email I sent.

So if you want to be asses let me list all the things We have done for your board. Ya know what CR is the members board we make this place we have great admins even if they can be on high horses at times you don't see 30 day bans going out just for criticizing some members for not making noobs feel welcome... Even the admins who don't like people don't just ban. They stick to the rules god damn it.

So here is my list.

-----------------

Dyno Day - I did not see anyone else stepping up to get one of those going. If you think I got anything out of doing that give Mike a call and ask. It was 40$ that is dirt fucking cheap and I hung around all day helping members. I did not even see the fucking admins pop in.

Trackish events - Cruises / HockingHills Runs - Ty has done atlest 4 of these this year alone.

Install days ( Ty has done these MANY Times shit I got my bushings in because of one), I know allot of people have came and added parts at his place. He shares his tools and space.

Repairing/troubleshooting members cars. I've on so many occasions spent time data logging peoples cars to find problems. Lets not list the times I've Given parts (Stock BPV just a few weeks ago) to people to test or to just flat out keep.

Night time meetings (Ty does allot of these and is the only one actively doing them)

Getting sponsors? - Yeah i did that for you and have gotton other members killer fucking prices cheaper then online... AND I don't make money off it I did it to help out. The only thing I've made money off of was tuning for the most part.

-- Maybe you should think about how you run your board. Shit like this won't fly I've seen forums die and if you don't welcome new members and take part it dies.

And really a 30 fucking day ban come on that's a joke. I could have seen 1day or even 3. but 30. I guess power does go to ones head.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trish and I spoke yesterday and I'm working with her on running a board of that caliber. You have to remember, Bill, they don't have nearly as much drama or experience to work with like CR does, so this is new to them for the most part.

Just step back and breathe a bit, it'll work out. But, quit being so damned stubborn at times :p

I see "Saturn" has left COS, he posted over on OhioSubarus.com. BTW That's a good thing. :)

I think I'm going to start posting here instead of COS or NASIOC since this place isn't run like a daycare center. :jerkit:

I'll post an intro once I'm at work -- I'll be late if I sit here and type it now...

My reply there to the above will not go so well in his intro thread. :)

I would love to see the thread that is in question since it has been deleted. It's only criticism, let people read it and give their .02 make the site better, not everything will be addressed, but maybe 1 or 2 good things can come out of it. Just deleting the thread makes the admins look bad. IMO.

It was centralohiosubarus.

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here and risk getting banned or time-outed because this is something a number of newer/younger COS members have talked about to me in person but apparently I'm the only one tactless enough to bring it up on the forum.

There are a number of members who have been involved with COS for a very long time who make it very clear to the newer/younger members that we are sort of 2nd class members. While I'm sure that statement will draw a number of the people who actually act that way into protesting that of course that's not what's going on, those very same members' actions are the reason more than a few of us feel this way. It's made evident by statements like the one above. It's made evident when things get scheduled on top of each other and no one is willing to compromise because none of the "Original Group" is affected by it. It's made obvious when a newer member makes a suggestion only to have the "Original Group" listen with a polite smile on their face, nod compassionately, and then completely disregard the suggestion. I realize this sounds like I'm talking about how many of my posts are treated. After all, I don't have the good sense to shut up and let the status quo be. http://www.centralohiosubarus.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif However, every time I do my lightning rod impression, there's always a couple of people who will come to the next meet or IM me on AIM who will say something like "You know, I thought the same thing, but I just didn't think it was worth saying anything".

Now, COS has grown to, what 700, 800 registered members? Obviously, the overwhelming majority of those people don't have a problem with things. I do worry, however, about the silent minority who either walks away or just doesn't participate as fully as they otherwise would because of this feeling. I just feel like I have to say something because I'm the one who's dumb enough to actually speak up. I've very deliberately not named names on either side of the issue because this definitely doesn't need to turn into a personal argument. Heck, I'm not sure it even needs to start a debate. It just needs said and changed in the future.

This is the first pos I can't seem to find my follow up post. My follow up just agreed that everytime I had been out that I felt like us newer guys were shunned. and that if the want to ban Ty they can ban me to. I never in my mind thought that could be so fucking stuck up to ban someone for pointing out a fact that ultimately makes the board better if they would adhere.

Drama wise that board as nothing fuck you can't even cuss on it. Whats sad is I think his post is very respectful.

I was just venting because I was pretty pissed off that they would be so retarded in there ban. 30 days? I mean Ty has done so much for that board it's not even funny.

Again like i said it was a rant and nothing more it makes me feel better to get shit out. Plus on CR if they want to respond they can. They ignored my email.

Trish and I spoke yesterday and I'm working with her on running a board of that caliber. You have to remember, Bill, they don't have nearly as much drama or experience to work with like CR does, so this is new to them for the most part.

Just step back and breathe a bit, it'll work out. But, quit being so damned stubborn at times :p

I am pretty hard headed but this time I really did nothing. I think i should suggest mrhobbz to join we can take bets how fast he gets banned.

There are a number of members who have been involved with COS for a very long time who make it very clear to the newer/younger members that we are sort of 2nd class members. While I'm sure that statement will draw a number of the people who actually act that way into protesting that of course that's not what's going on, those very same members' actions are the reason more than a few of us feel this way. It's made evident by statements like the one above. It's made evident when things get scheduled on top of each other and no one is willing to compromise because none of the "Original Group" is affected by it. It's made obvious when a newer member makes a suggestion only to have the "Original Group" listen with a polite smile on their face, nod compassionately, and then completely disregard the suggestion. I realize this sounds like I'm talking about how many of my posts are treated. After all, I don't have the good sense to shut up and let the status quo be. http://www.centralohiosubarus.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif However, every time I do my lightning rod impression, there's always a couple of people who will come to the next meet or IM me on AIM who will say something like "You know, I thought the same thing, but I just didn't think it was worth saying anything".

Now, COS has grown to, what 700, 800 registered members? Obviously, the overwhelming majority of those people don't have a problem with things. I do worry, however, about the silent minority who either walks away or just doesn't participate as fully as they otherwise would because of this feeling. I just feel like I have to say something because I'm the one who's dumb enough to actually speak up. I've very deliberately not named names on either side of the issue because this definitely doesn't need to turn into a personal argument. Heck, I'm not sure it even needs to start a debate. It just needs said and changed in the future.

Okay, that makes things a little clearer. Now, who exactly wrote this part of your post? It seems far too, well, coherent to be something written by Thorne. :)

Okay, that makes things a little clearer. Now, who exactly wrote this part of your post? It seems far too, well, coherent to be something written by Thorne. :)

That is a Bill Cut and Paste. :)

Bill, I'm editing the post to show you the quote feature. :) :) :)

^^ Spaceghost beat me to it ^^

Member X (NOT thorne)

The only drama ever created on the board was by a small group of people. I am glad they got a wake up call or left.

I already had Saturn on ignore. I just hadn't gotten around to ignoring member X, but that was just because I was being lazy.

I really enjoy the what Nate and Trish are doing with their board. Do I agree with absolutely everything they do. Of course not, BUT I respect what they want THEIR board to be enough to let those things slide.

When did you do a hocking hills run Throne? I know you never helped organize. So I am not sure why you have that on your list.

Hahahaha, I found out they in there utter silliness they banned IPS from being a sponsor.

Apparently Clutches cause the known 5th gear issues.

^ that is the funniest shit I've ever herd^

They banned a sponsor for 1 users lack of understanding of trannies WOW.

Ty myself Draco pak and others have done runs quite a few times I did not set them up.

^^ Spaceghost beat me to it ^^

Member X (NOT thorne)

The only drama ever created on the board was by a small group of people. I am glad they got a wake up call or left.

I already had Saturn on ignore. I just hadn't gotten around to ignoring member X, but that was just because I was being lazy.

I really enjoy the what Nate and Trish are doing with their board. Do I agree with absolutely everything they do. Of course not, BUT I respect what they want THEIR board to be enough to let those things slide.

When did you do a hocking hills run Throne? I know you never helped organize. So I am not sure why you have that on your list.