IT Crew: I want his knowledge!!

Putty

Blah weak from the inside is cake. The outside is trickeier.

You have no idea how easy it is to take over a corporate network from the outside. I do network security on the side for a few undisclosed clients, Simple scenario. You leave a USB Thumbdrive with u3 laying out. Some geek finds it plugs it in wanting to see whats on it.

Trojan is silently launched in the back ground. Now said trojan can be issued commands using DNS or many other methods which can be untraceable. since in a attack like this you would custom write the trojan and not release it into the wild antivirus would not detect it. If you only use dns to control it via A records and other deals firewalls would not catch it.

If said pc is connected to the net via anything it will get its info back to the attacker.

This guy built the network he already had the ability to put ports in sniff and other shit. WEAK

There not amazing is all I'm saying. He took over a network he designed. He had passwords to users that where on his network I just found it less amazing.

Yes he built a nice sized network, I work with 10 guys that could easlly do the same thing and 2 that have worked on building RR's core network.

The article just makes it seem better then it really is.

I read the entire article but it sounds like he was very overprotective over something he built and did not even trust the city itself to run it.

I dont know much about networking but that sounds like a bunch of dumb shit going on over there.

I work with 10 guys that could....

but they haven't....he did and copyrighted it. That's impressive is all i'm saying. He didn't just build a network that ran a little building downtown. It was the network that ran all of San Francisco city....give him props

Also.....give me this u3 you speak of and let me play with it.