Home audio guys...

Slimpsy1647545505

I'm wanting to upgrade my home theater setup. Currently I don't have a surround setup but have had them in the past but only the basic rca cable hookup ones, nothing fancy. A couple months ago I bought a new top of the line LCD flat panel TV with tons of outputs, I also play ps3 pretty frequently. . . and while the lcd flat panel sports some of the best stand alone audio in it's class I'd like to get a 5.1 (or better?) setup but I'm out of the loop. I don't know anything about the new audio cables and options. . . and what kind of setup would be the best.

I'm not looking to spend a ton, I'm working with a 300 budget. I already have an upconverting player and the ps3 for blu-ray.

So hook me up with advice/opinions and learn me how to do this new generation of home theater.

I'm wanting to upgrade my home theater setup. ..

...I'm working with a 300 budget.

I would wait until I had more money. If I were serious, that is. If you truly care about the sound quality of your home theater, you will wait and spend more or find a hell of a deal.

$85, will probably be better than the TV speakers, and, well, its $85

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/788942191.html

Compnent:

Reciver

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/788932238.html

Speakers are all over craigslist, get model numbers and make nice with google.

For cables, hit parts express in dayton, they have some respectable cables that arent prices like the monster stuff.

The also have parts to build your own speakers, everthing from basic ones to audiophile quality, and the powerd sub kits are decent to.

http://www.partsexpress.com

Edit:

This is the reciver I am running, has not failed me yet, and will piss off the neighbors. I have 15" mains, and rarely need to use the sub chanel (unless the neighbors are gone)

Most new receivers will have the ability to go HDMI. I love Onkyo, but we'll have to look into weather they fixed their internal grounding as they had issues with subwoofer hum on some units.

HDMI is good but you can also just go digital RCA. The difference is having one vs two cables is all. Pretty simple vs days gone by.

I was just at Curcuit City and they had some very nice Denon Units on their clearance table.

I'm wanting to upgrade my home theater setup. Currently I don't have a surround setup but have had them in the past but only the basic rca cable hookup ones, nothing fancy. A couple months ago I bought a new top of the line LCD flat panel TV with tons of outputs, I also play ps3 pretty frequently. . . and while the lcd flat panel sports some of the best stand alone audio in it's class I'd like to get a 5.1 (or better?) setup but I'm out of the loop. I don't know anything about the new audio cables and options. . . and what kind of setup would be the best.

I'm not looking to spend a ton, I'm working with a 300 budget. I already have an upconverting player and the ps3 for blu-ray.

So hook me up with advice/opinions and learn me how to do this new generation of home theater.