body shop help !! please help me asap

boosted98gst

Ok my other 240sx had its fenders rolled to fit a larger wheel with lower offset and widertires, the person who rolled it did a shitty job due to previous body welds from a repair, I need to find a place to have these smoothed out with as little bondo as possible, I want someone that knows what they are doing, maybe someone that does custom work on hot rods or somthing in that nature, they seem to do best metal work. I need to tell them how I want them and give a picture and them to do a wonderful job!:) most the work is done I just need the experiece of someone that has excellent metal working skill with a dolly, I need these to be perfect. please let me know a shop and a name and I will get this in asap. money is not an issue because I want this done right, but also do not send me to a place to get ripped off.

fuck that do you know what I want done?

either way this is what my other 240 looks like its just the fender is more rolled I want it pushed back in a bit and rolled similar to this one

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/240sxjdmskirts.jpg

Guest tbutera2112

it sounds like you want the fenders lips rolled because theyre messed up from someone doing it before.... in which case, if youre willing to spend money, why not get the lips removed completely?

**edit - nevermind...i think youre saying the fender is actually rolled out and not just the lip?

it sounds like you want the fenders lips rolled because theyre messed up from someone doing it before.... in which case, if youre willing to spend money, why not get the lips removed completely?

Because when they put a quarter pannel on from the factory its welded together you cut the lip off its going to be all janky and seperate.

Guest tbutera2112
Because when they put a quarter pannel on from the factory its welded together you cut the lip off its going to be all janky and seperate.

people do it all the time...but i think i misunderstood what you were looking for...so disregard my posts

people do it all the time...but i think i misunderstood what you were looking for...so disregard my posts

Yeah but im not wanting to hack my car up, I have the right tools and a eastwood roller , I just need a metal worker to massage it so its 100% perfect to the eye before it goes into paint.

Guest tbutera2112
gotcha...on mustangs when we "roll the fenders" its just the lip, so i just assumed you had someone do the lip and had issues with it, not the actual fender itself lol...goodluck with it

gotcha...on mustangs when we "roll the fenders" its just the lip, so i just assumed you had someone do the lip and had issues with it, not the actual fender itself lol...goodluck with it

yeah its been rolled and pulled .Rolling is easy pulling is the tricky part.

I don't think there's really an easy way to pull a fender.. Have you considered just fender flares? It would save you some body work, and simple enough for anyone to do as long as they aren't too stupid to fuck up measurments... and in the end, they look clean!

I don't think there's really an easy way to pull a fender.. Have you considered just fender flares? It would save you some body work, and simple enough for anyone to do as long as they aren't too stupid to fuck up measurments... and in the end, they look clean!

Its already pulled and rolled, It just need them cleaned up so they are perfect, I am really anal about my car, if I am spending this kind of money on my paint job the body has to be perfect.

I am not into anything but oem, I am not putting any frp widebody or fender flair on my cars, I have the money saved up to have them done right .

Wow, people need to learn how to read. His fenders already have everything done that he wants (pulled, rolled, covered, capped); he just wants it tidied up and wants a competent, skilled metal worker to do so.

Fender rolling is easy. Maybe he just needs to buy a fender roller :confused: .

Guest tbutera2112
Wow, people need to learn how to read. His fenders already have everything done that he wants (pulled, rolled, covered, capped); he just wants it tidied up and wants a competent, skilled metal worker to do so.

his original says it was rolled and that its a shitty job and he needs it smoothed out...so i assumed the person rolled the lip only and did a bad job so i suggested he have the lips cut off...didnt realize he meant the whole fender instead of just the fender lip...maybe you should learn to read