New '94 pics

Alex L.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a couple of new pics of mine with you. I just started trying this technique, so bear with me. Here's what I've got:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Supra%20Pics/FLashlights3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Supra%20Pics/Flashlights4.jpg

What do you think?

Coming from a lay person and good photo noob. - I think the first one looks the better of the two. Second one is a little dark and looks like its got "hot spots" from the lights, maybe a diffuser of some sort would help?

There's a bunch of different things I could do next time for a shoot like this; all it took was the camera, a tripod, and a couple of flashlights!

I like it. I had read about painting with a flashlight before, but had all but forgot about the technique. Pretty neat, I figured you were playing with strobes until you mentioned the flashlight. How long was the exposure? I tried to find it with opanda but failed.

I like it. I had read about painting with a flashlight before, but had all but forgot about the technique. Pretty neat, I figured you were playing with strobes until you mentioned the flashlight. How long was the exposure? I tried to find it with opanda but failed.

It was a 30-second exposure, but even then I was racing around the car. It would be a lot easier to do and come out better with two people (one on the wheels, one on the outline).