Long Range Tactical Shooting Event - 1/11.

flounder

In case anyone is interested, I will be attending a long range tactical shooting event on 1/11 and it is open to anyone that wants to participate. It will be a fairly informal event so that shooters with cabin fever can get out, have some fun and shoot and gather some cold weather data. The days activities will consist of the following.

Starts at 10:30 am so be prompt and you will have plenty of time to confirm your zero and shoot across the chrono.

We then load up into trucks and head out to the first stage.

2 shooters shoot at a variety of steel targets at UKD (UKD = Unknown distances). You get 8 minutes to engage with no more than 3 bullets at each target. This the time when you need to pay close attention. Tom (Range Owner) is always in instructor mode and a lot of valuable info is conveyed. Shots will be taken at ranges of 100 yards out to 1000+ yards

Move to the next phase and repeat.

At the last stage we take 2200 yard shots over at the logging road and the brave woodchuck.

Go back to the benches and shoot if you have enough daylight.

It's very fun and informal. The formal shoots with pre-registration are to come.

Bring about 60 - 100 rounds. That will be more than enough.

Cost is $35 and make sure to bring plenty of warm clothes, food and drinks.

If anyone is interested, let me know as its about 1:45 min from here in Kimbolton OH

The map is below.

map-1.jpg

Edited by flounder

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just checked and it would not cost anything to go and watch however, if you have a rifle and want to give it a shot, this would be a good time to go as the group will be fairly small and you will receive some really good instruction while there.

Currently without a long range rifle, but I'm definatitely up for this later in the year. I'm leaning towards a 6.5 build on one of the lowers I have for long range target.

Allot of long range competition shooters are using the 6.5 x 284 round at 1K.

Do you have a 6.5 lower?.. Im pretty sure you cant use a regular 5.56 lower for a 6.5 build.. I assume you are talking AR lower?

Edited by flounder

That range is pretty sweet. Tom is a pretty nice guy too. I used to live right over the hill.

Yeah Ive spoken to Tom a couple of times and he seems like a real standup guy. He also knows his shit when it comes to shooting and still holds a few championship records. Im looking forward to the event but not the wind or temp.

Allot of long range competition shooters are using the 6.5 x 284 round at 1K.

Do you have a 6.5 lower?.. Im pretty sure you cant use a regular 5.56 lower for a 6.5 build.. I assume you are talking AR lower?

I don't think anyone is making a 6.5 specific lower. I just picked up 2 stag stripped lowers a few weeks back. One will go M4ish, the other will be long range, and maybe add a .450 bushy or .50 beowolf upper to that as well. I've really cut back on my shooting, but I'd like to do a bit more this year. Just not sure how much time/money I'm going to throw at it vs the track.