ATT U-Verse Cable/Internet Savings....Wow

Diamonds

Well, i moved into my new place abotu 2 months ago and i chose to go with ATT U-verse ebcause some of my coworkers heard that they had some cool rebates etc....

AND THEY DID!

I was so skeptical because of "windows" and "timeframes" to claim the rewards but it ended up seamless.

Listen to this shit:

1. They comped me my first months cable 59.00

2. They sent me a 100.00 dollar check from ATT

3. They sent me a 100.00 dollar Visa Check card

AND

4. They comped me 35.00 off per bill for the next 12 months.

^^^ The reason being is that they "forgot" to comp me my first months 59.00 cable so i called in and they deducted it... IN ADDITION to correcting my bill (with no arguements) they said that they were going to "do me one more" by knocking off 35.00 a month for a year and "sorry for the inconvenience"

So let's recap...

In the 12 months that i will have this service. MY bill is now 65.00 a month. 65x12 = 780.00 (for a full year's service)

They have comped me 35.00 a month equalling 420.00 (12 months). Plus the 100.00 gift card and 100.00 check AND the 59.00 initial cable comp.

So all in all, they comped me 680.00 in rebates and money gifts.

fucking nuts

I'm also Comped out at Kinsale this weekend. 12:02pm tee time - woo-fucking-hoo

The only downside to there setup that I can think of is that it uses your DSL line to get your tv. Meaning if you've got people watfching tv BUY BYE bandwidth.

This is incorrect. The system uses VDSL and FTTN to bring 20mb to each home, regardless of what internet service level you have. They partition off some of it for data, then the rest goes to TV service.

This is incorrect. The system uses VDSL and FTTN to bring 20mb to each home, regardless of what internet service level you have. They partition off some of it for data, then the rest goes to TV service.

right now they are only doing 6 and vdsl has issues with how far you can be from the node.

DSLAM/VDSL rules. ATT uses those tall, slender beige boxes you see just about everywhere. Anywhere near columbus, you would be hard pressed to be more than a quarter mile from one.

On top of that, Uverse is the shit. I told them what i was paying for Time Warner and they beat the price by 5 bucks/month, gave me a free gigabit switch, free install, 100 buck rebate, and comped the cable package cost for the first month. *And* the DVR is programmable via the ATT/yahoo website so I can queue up shows while I'm stuck at work. I feel like a sucker for using Time Warner for so long.

^^^ FO SHO

You can also DVR 4 shows at once.

I haven't had a single problem in the roughly 60 days that i've had the service... and if i do, i will just call them, their customer service has been awesome thus far.

I have ehard of complaints about U-verse but i am completely satisfied as of right now!

Sure it's cheap, but that's what you get for technology and services still considered BETA.

Have fun with your U-verse.. I'll give you a couple months before you see the big downside.

I wont go into this again but I've done my fair share of research on U-verse and what it has to offer, or lack there-of.

EDIT* The new AT&T's service is on point though, that's for sure!

You can also DVR 4 shows at once.

Im sold. My folks have TW and its ... ok i suppose but slow sometimes. since i moved into my new place ive been shopping for cable/internet. I dont have a flat screen or need high def so thats not of real importance just fast internet and a DVR that works.

I'll have to give them a call monday, hell maybe sat if they're open?

Sure it's cheap, but that's what you get for technology and services still considered BETA.

Have fun with your U-verse.. I'll give you a couple months before you see the big downside.

I wont go into this again but I've done my fair share of research on U-verse and what it has to offer, or lack there-of.

EDIT* The new AT&T's service is on point though, that's for sure!

So fill me in. For the average user who's just gonna watch tv, download some music and record some hockey games whats the big drawback? Im not as computer savey as some members on the board so Im really not gonna notice small inconsistancies of internet speed?

So fill me in. For the average user who's just gonna watch tv, download some music and record some hockey games whats the big drawback? Im not as computer savey as some members on the board so Im really not gonna notice small inconsistancies of internet speed?

PM'd

Sadly, we are stuck with either TW or Uverse at my fiancée's condo, as there is no WOW plant here. :(

TW sucks in comparison to WOW (I have WOW at my house in Reynoldsburg, and live in my fiancée's condo with Warner, so I have a fair comparison), and Warner is more expensive too. I went to the Uverse website, and that shit was more expensive than Warner! We have the tripple play stuff with Warner, and I'm comparing the same services we would have with Uverse.

Hopefully we will have this condo sold this year, and will view our options with our next house, where I may consider trying Uverse if WOW isn't available, though their HD limitations is worrying.

Honestly, once cable companies can get people off of basic cable (but there is too much money in it), they will most likely go to an IPTV setup as well, and then UVerse is in big trouble.

From Broadband Reports:

"U-verse has a 25mbps pipe to the home, that also has to carry up to 10mbps internet. AT&T is not currently doing any "mixed-use" of their streams, I've personally tested that I get my full 10mbps when I'm using all 4 streams."

...since you guys still don't seem to understand how it works.