FS: random cb550 parts

jermattak

both fenders, handlebars, license plate bracket, tail light, all turn signals, airbox, seat with brand new cover (perfect condition) good gas tank.

anyone need anything? shoot me an offer, ill take anything reasonable, and ill ship it if you pay

heck, ill even give you the gas tank or seat or whatever if you can sucessfully wire my controls to my new clubman bars, ive been working on it for 2 days! i cant get the wires through, ive tried everything i can think of

actually! i hate mine, the bikemater clubman bars are so crappily welded, i cant get the wires through it

i didnt know you had a cafe project going!

Yeah, these are bikemaster, too.

I haven't worked on it for a while but I have a '76 KZ400 that I'm swapping FZR600 forks and wheels onto and then I'm going to stretch the fuel tank and put a different seat on. It won't be fast but it should look cool and get sweet fuel mileage around town. :badgerrock:

shut up matt, this is a real mans bike, so go ride your plastic toy bike in your power ranger leathers into a lake :lol:

i dont have any leathers yet you freak! youre the one riding down the road looking like a huge neon green booger lmao!

and yes my bike is beautiful isnt it? hahaha

I got a CB550F, but already have 2 seats and 3.5 tank/side cover sets. (blue, orange, black and one that leaks) I wouldn't mind having those rubber parts and clamps that are between the carbs and the airbox. But there are several different airbox setups, not all work. Mine is the late model four individual rubber air connectors, with 4 clamps.

Try fishing a pull line through the bars, and wrap and tape it around your wires, and pull them through. Use the tape to make the wires pointy, but still flexible.

Edit: throwing those parts away is wrong, at least sell them on eBay.

Edited by ReconRat
eBay it

Yeah, side covers break easy. If they were painted, and aren't broken, 15-20 bucks each, the last time I looked on eBay. Several years ago. The stock blue ones are hard to find. Side covers don't weigh much, and do allow quick access to stuff underneath them. And that shape of the side cover on a 550F is like a signature trademark. And yeah, you probably will need the carb boots for the pod filters. A proper size chunk of radiator hose might work better. Doesn't the pod kit come with that stuff? I'm trying to remember what your stock bike looked like. I suppose a second seat wouldn't be a bad deal either. I got doubles on fenders and stuff already.