Yay my car lives.. again.

Buck531

After tanking the motor on Saturday and picking up a complete L67 motor for $250 off of craigslist, it's done.

Tuesday we go get the motor.

Wednesday I change the oil pan/gasket and do other minor clean up on the block

Thursday I pull my motor in like record time (2 1/2 hours lol)

Friday swap parts over to my motor (rockers, LIM, misc. brackets. I also decide to drop it in the car.

Today I hooked all the rest of the crap up.

Started right up the first try.

Filled it up with coolant and drove it around the block.

now to pull the old motor apart and see what happened.

congrats...

im in the same boat kinda..

just got done from putting the new tranny in, but while i was in there, i figured change the rear main, put a neww throw out bearing in, and inspected the pilot bearing (which was in great shape)

looks like it will need a new oil pan gasket soon though.. ehh it can wait a little while.

but on a good note, the tranny shifts amazing, and no grinding anymore for me

congrats...

im in the same boat kinda..

just got done from putting the new tranny in, but while i was in there, i figured change the rear main, put a neww throw out bearing in, and inspected the pilot bearing (which was in great shape)

looks like it will need a new oil pan gasket soon though.. ehh it can wait a little while.

but on a good note, the tranny shifts amazing, and no grinding anymore for me

I saw you on Bethel earlier today.

/random

Are you going to leave it mostly stock now? You should have posted something here, I have a complete short block just sitting. I was saving it for when I blew the motor in my car ;) but I never got that far. lol. Congratz on getting everything back together.

Are you going to leave it mostly stock now? You should have posted something here, I have a complete short block just sitting. I was saving it for when I blew the motor in my car ;) but I never got that far. lol. Congratz on getting everything back together.

I did. it's in the tech section I think.

my $250 complete L67 > your short block for probably roughly the same price :).

Of course I"m not going to leave it stock. All my intercooler stuff is still on the car.. just no core. I'll get one after I sell the top swap for $500 :). I still have the headers and rockers on it and the ported LIM.

here's the pics of the f'd up motor.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54484