Howling noise when I accelerate?

Car: 88 BMW 325i Convertible

Well when I accelerate my car begins to howl, or thats the best way I can describe the sound. when you hit 2k on the rpm you start to hear it and it is noticeably louder when you get to 3k. Does this through every gear, even when sitting in neutral and is revved. It sounds as if it is coming from the left side if im sitting in the car which is why I think it is the belt to my fan but why would it make that noise during acceleration?

IDEAS?

Here too.....not sure what it is but on this new little mazda I get this strange whistling followed by a noise that my son describes as my car sneezing. Not sure what it is....all I did was put an intake on it.

They told me to be careful when on the highway as at some point if I accelerate too fast I might cause there to be blaring sirens and flashing lights behind me ;)

I know man.....I was trying to make a funny :D

Tim, I got a partial answer for ya. The whistle from your intake is I believe what they (Mazda3Forums) refer to as the "butterfly valve"? The Sneezing is something else completely, grab a video of it.

yep...said with some humor. true story about what my son said. he used to call my supercharged GP an airplane as I had that sucker sounding like a 747 upon launch :) Hated to sell her.

uhhhh. I do believe he is saying it's turbo'd and the blow off valve sounds like a "sneeze"