Repossession Laws?

Drewhop

I run a small buy here pay here. Generally the rule of thumb is that if we repo a vehicle customer has 30 days to either A. Pay entire balance due or B. Pick up there personal belongings. Recently the laws have changed and I am trying to figure out what they have changed to I found a few links but I would rather have something that is on a government website. And from the few minutes I spent talking to the BMV they didnt seem to sure of anything.

Mainly trying to figure out the laws on personal belongings in a vehicle. We just got a vehicle back that basically has customers household in it. Want to make sure we handle it correctly cause the customer was also arrested for possession of narcotics which is how we got the vehicle back.

These type of problems happen daily gotta love the system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Google says.....

http://www.clelaw.lib.oh.us/Public/Misc/FAQs/Reposses.html <-lists the ORC's associated.

http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/ofc-repo-rights.html <- interesting

My suggestion is to ask your attorney. If you say you don't have one, and you do this sort of thing on a regular basis, you might want to consider one.

We have a attorney i just get tired of paying the bastard 150 dollars everytime we dial his phone number.

Our business does not do a large amount of repos only about 4-8 per month just depending on time of year.

I just cant believe i cant find the actual laws listed in detail on the net hell everything else is on it.

Thanks for info.

Maybe some of the tow companies have this info as well might have to call around