dyno tune 03 cobra

toms03cobra

i have an 03 cobra tuned by brian at Dyno tune motorsports. With 2.8h kenne bell with 20psi. without nitrous made 694hp 713torque with small shot made 777hp 826torque. on stock exhaust manifolds and 2 1/2 pipes soon to be changed long tubes and 3in exhaust soild rear end and over the winter pistons and rods.appreciate any upgrade suggestons
  • Upvote 2

i have an 03 cobra tuned by brian at Dyno tune motorsports. With 2.8h kenne bell with 20psi. without nitrous made 694hp 713torque with small shot made 777hp 826torque. on stock exhaust manifolds and 2 1/2 pipes soon to be changed long tubes and 3in exhaust soild rear end and over the winter pistons and rods.appreciate any upgrade suggestons

Suggestion, don't open up the motor. Have Brian tune it a bit on the rich side and leave some timing on the table.

Do:

Headers (Kooks seem to be best).

SRA with welded tubes, a good diff, and 31 spline axles.

Drag wheels and tires.

4R70W or a damn good clutch with a new shifter.

Edit: Here is why I say to leave the motor alone. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116418

This is on a turbo car but, I believe with the right tune, a twin screw car will survive just fine.

Suggestion, don't open up the motor. Have Brian tune it a bit on the rich side and leave some timing on the table.

Do:

Headers (Kooks seem to be best).

SRA with welded tubes, a good diff, and 31 spline axles.

Drag wheels and tires.

4R70W or a damn good clutch with a new shifter.

Edit: Here is why I say to leave the motor alone. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116418

This is on a turbo car but, I believe with the right tune, a twin screw car will survive just fine.

+1 on all of the above. leave the motor alone. when/if you blow it, then you can upgrade--until then, leave things be.

oh, and welcome. its nice to see more fellow cobra owners here. post up some pics

You can has another?

I'd rock another one for sure - I beat the hell out of my 03 Cobra (e.g., spraying it out of the hole, through five gears, over and over) and it barely even winced. Seriously, I couldn't believe the abuse it took, and, bang-for-the-buck, there wasn't much that could touch it.

I'd rock another one for sure - I beat the hell out of my 03 Cobra (e.g., spraying it out of the hole, through five gears, over and over) and it barely even winced. Seriously, I couldn't believe the abuse it took, and, bang-for-the-buck, there wasn't much that could touch it.

hookers and blow