Building a speaker box..

Browning

First off I don't know anything about the air space needed when it comes to subs. I need to build a box to hold two 10's in a standard cab first gen s10 without taking up much room. I'd like to make it small enough to fit behind the bench seat with it all the way back. In order to do so the box would need to be something like

6.5" Bottom depth

3" or 4" Top depth

12" or 13" tall

For width I was thinking around 30" or so

For now all I have is two mismatch subs but they sound decent enough to use. One is an MTX 300 and the other is a punch. Would this be too small of a box?

honestly it will sound off a bit if you make you enclosure to big or too small Also depending on if its ported or sealed the specs can change.

personally I would only use the better of the 2 speakers and bridge you amp to one channel ( if the speaker can handle the power output). in a little S-10 one good speaker in a proper box will sound way better than 2 speakers in a incorrectly built box with less power.

I have built boxes for my S10s, and my little brothers Ranger. 1 sub is about all you have room for, if you want proper airspace. It will end up being a long box with the sub in the middle. If you take out the jack and make the box as big as possible it might fly with two subs, but if you are going for quality insted of quantity it isn't worth it. Then you'll have to cram the amp under a seat, hopefully with a fan in it cause every one I used like this would overheat.

wouldn't happen to remember the sizes do you? Did they fit with the bench all the way back?

I had to have the bench up a couple clicks. I had a box that fit all the way back and sounded like shit. The best system I had was in my old extended cab S10 with 4 10" power punches, and even then it was louder with the windows down.

I had to have the bench up a couple clicks. I had a box that fit all the way back and sounded like shit. The best system I had was in my old extended cab S10 with 4 10" power punches, and even then it was louder with the windows down.

another idea was to go with 2-3 8" subs but I've never had any that small. Not sure how they'd sound

another idea was to go with 2-3 8" subs but I've never had any that small. Not sure how they'd sound

I've never had any personally, but they just can't hit as low. If you want deep bass for rap music or loud rock, 8s probly aren't for you.

Guest Removed

i heard 3 8's in a custom box pull a 132 or so in a comp!

strip the back on the cab down and build a 2 wall box sealed. using the cab as the back wall and floor and ends.