Clutch and Accessories?

Big A

I'm looking for a new clutch for my 98 z28. Right now I'm looking at the Ram Powergrip HD Performance Clutch Set, with a billet steel flywheel. Should I also get the Adjustable Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder? Any other clutch sets I should look at? I havn't seem to find anything bad about them other then the chatter. I'm looking for something that can hold around 500-600HP while not giving up to much driveability.

i have the LS7 clutch in my vette. i also had it in the camaro, neither were drag raced though. you could ask mark (atomicfusion) or jason (LPS something or another) they drag raced the shit out of there LS7 clutches. i know jason had more that 100 passes on his.

like i said ive heard good things. most people that do ls1 swaps at thirdgen.org use the ls7 clutch and have nothing but good things to say about it. The glazing issue has been brought up more than once, but is probably rare and dependant on specific conditions.

I have the ls7 clutch. Love it! I got my ls7 clutch and ls2 flywheel for $150 used, good luck finding that deal though. they can be had for 400 used for about 500 new. I would upgrade your slave to an 01 gm slave. I would also go with a new master while you at it. I replaced mine with a stock one, but I hear the adj are good.

I have the ls7 clutch. Love it! I got my ls7 clutch and ls2 flywheel for $150 used, good luck finding that deal though. they can be had for 400 used for about 500 new. I would upgrade your slave to an 01 gm slave. I would also go with a new master while you at it. I replaced mine with a stock one, but I hear the adj are good.

Damn that is a good deal. The best I have found is 450 new. What about the problems of bad PPs or disc? Anything i should be worried about?