Intro

AWW$HEEET

Welcome, cool car. I have a friend with that exact same car, except hers isn't as nice, and it's really slow and handles like shit. Probably because it has like 260k miles on it though

Most are shitboxes full of rust, high milage, etc. Once you get suspension and braking done, they handle like they're on rails. Its pretty staggering that you can get such an old car to handle well.

• Upvote 1

nice e30! Always been a big fan of them, and I can imagine it'd pair quite well with a M50. Did you do the swap yourself?

I noticed the badges for TCD, but no turbo?....oh and your muffler hangers need a bit of help :D OK, done being an ass.

Welcome to the site

-edit: is it bad that I knew you were a BMW guy just by the screen name?

nice e30! Always been a big fan of them, and I can imagine it'd pair quite well with a M50. Did you do the swap yourself?

I noticed the badges for TCD, but no turbo?....oh and your muffler hangers need a bit of help :D OK, done being an ass.

Welcome to the site

-edit: is it bad that I knew you were a BMW guy just by the screen name?

Long story short, the car used to belong to TCD. Actually if you go to their website, the car is still on the front page banner. It used to be M20 with a TCD stage 2 kit, and dynoed at about 300 horse.

The car was swapped to M50 by those guys, and I bought it that way. In terms of the exhaust, when I bought it, it was hanging low, so I took it to Beanies Muffler in Reynoldsburg. They have a pretty good reputation for exhaust work, but I was pretty unimpressed with their lack of concern/craftsmanship when trying to rehang the exhaust. So if anyone knows of good exhaust shops, let me know.

you are half assing it. what 3 series/year are you looking at?

Late 80s to mid 90s, the most common years for hardcore builds, unless you want to go back to the 2002(the model, not the year).

After the mid-90s, BMW kind of shifted their focus to the 5-Series, and going after Mercedes.