SMS Fishing, 619-793-5194 COOPER STATE BANK

thorne

Its phishing.

You call the number and it asks for your bank account info to reactivate your account. My work sent out an email warning about it. Apparently, one of the texts going around was for our credit union.

Fucking crooks.

lolz no way I got this about an hour ago too, I am on verizon. I looked up the bank, email domain, and ph num and concluded that it was either a really really poorly thought out advertising campaign for this new 'bank' here in cols, or it was a scam. Thought about calling the number to harass them, but spending time posting on CR is more fun.

Follow up: do you suppose they scraped the numbers off the internet somewhere, or are just randomly texting? You would think that doing the latter would result in pretty instant banning of the sender by the carrier. Verizon is probably seeing a shit storm of complaints about this.

It's automated ROFL!!!!!!

I'm fucking with it now

They asked for my credit card #

When you enter the number it just looops. I tried using 0 and * hoping i could break out of the IVR.

yea 619 is my home town san diego

yup 619 is san diego county I use to live in oceanside.

I got one last week from some bitch in florida said that im in trouble with some finacing company and if I wire money asap for 2k they will not press charges and notify ohio county lol about me lol I told that bitch she is fucking crazy and to go to hell.