Looking for a cheap/nice house in Pickerington???

Casper

http://poweredby.era.com/cgi-bin/listing?Property=2569427

This is a HUD home in my neighborhood listed at $165k. The neighborhood starts in the $200s. This is a really good deal on this house. There is (or at least was) a hot tub out back. Its 17 miles to downtown, 4 miles to Reynoldsburg, so not that far out. Obviously Pickerington schools are awesome, so if you have kids they're set. Being a HUD home, you can offer way less and they'll probably take it. Usually 10 - 20% less.

not a bad area. i looked at houses there. but the looks of that house seems high. i paid less than that for mine with more sq ft. fenced in yard, and its not to far. its not pickerington.

No offense, but Southwest Licking Schools isn't exactly rated that high. That's kinda like saying a comparable house in Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Johnstown, etc is cheaper.... no shit.

If you have children, Pickerington schools are one of the state's best. For resale value, its always good to be in a better school district. That's why we picked Pickerington. And even with the housing downturn, our house has appreciated in the last year. Woot.

Dude, I'm just sayin for your own good, whoever took those pictures on the website should be shot in the face.

Not my own good.... it isn't my house nor is it anyone I know selling it. Just a good deal in my neighborhood.

on a side note with a hud house you have to own it for 2 years before you can sell it again. Incase some was going to buy it to flip it.

I'm pretty sure it was only one year, and I'm pretty sure that was overturned by the latest HUD bill (the one that also gives you a $7500 rebate for buying a HUD).

Seems like a helluva deal. You can't even get 2200 square feet down here for $160000. Our schools have been rated excellent by the state, but there is nothing down here (Proctorville,OH).

1st off, what is HUD,

2nd, is the house that blurry in person?

1st off, HUD = Housing and Urban Development. If you buy a home and use an FHA loan (often first time home buyers) and then default on the loan, HUD takes possession of the home. Its basically a foreclosed home, but the FHA was insuring your loan.

2nd, thanks for being the first person to make a joke about the pictures....

I lived in Pickerington for 10 years and have gone through the school system. It is worth every penny to get in there now while its still reasonable. Its amazing how much its expanded in just the last 5 years. Great Find.

on a side note with a hud house you have to own it for 2 years before you can sell it again. Incase some was going to buy it to flip it.

My dad has been flipping houses for plenty of years and I helped him for about 2 years. You can sell it after 1 year but can't buy another HUD until 2 years from the day you purchased it.

No offense, but Southwest Licking Schools isn't exactly rated that high. That's kinda like saying a comparable house in Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Johnstown, etc is cheaper.... no shit.

If you have children, Pickerington schools are one of the state's best. For resale value, its always good to be in a better school district. That's why we picked Pickerington. And even with the housing downturn, our house has appreciated in the last year. Woot.

southwest licking got an "excellent" rating for 2007 while one of the guys who is on my team at work, his wife works for Pickerington Schools and said that it's not nearly as good as it used to be and she's "scared" to go to work.