ricer!!!

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
bought a new gas saver today... well theres a hole in the exhaust somewhere, and it sounds like a damn ricemobile... how would i go about fixin it? not sure where the hole is at, but im assuming probably the cat.... if its the cat of muffler, could i just patch it or should i take it to an exhaust shop and have new pipes/components put on?

I had a hole in my exhaust on an old DD. I just bought some exhaust wrap for a few bucks from Walmart or Vatozone (it's been a long time). I then cut a dr pepper can in half to wrap around the pipe, then wrapped that with the exhaust tape. It remained fixed and working great for the remainder of my ownership.

Guest tbutera2112
i bought a probe, and ill give scott a call...i fucked something up today on it though so im making a new post....oh and i lied, i wont give scott a call since i dont have his number...ill PM him after i fix the fuel issue

Guest Removed

Disconnect battery ground cable, then raise and support vehicle.

Remove splash shield from right inner fender well, then drain engine oil.

Remove engine to flywheel housing support bracket, disconnect front section of exhaust pipe, then remove exhaust pipe support.

Remove flywheel housing dust cover.

Remove oil pan attaching bolts, lower pan, disconnect oil strainer from pump, then allow to fall into pan.

Remove oil pan, oil strainer, then stiffener.

Clean mounting surfaces on cylinder block, oil pan, then stiffener.

Apply continuous bead of silicone sealer to both sides of stiffener on inside edge of bolt holes.

Install stiffener, oil strainer, then oil pan. Tighten pan attaching bolts to specifications.

Perform steps 1 through 4 in reverse order to complete installation.

Guest Removed

and to do the oil pump...

Remove timing belt as previously described.

Remove crankshaft sprocket retaining bolt, then the sprocket and key.

Remove oil pan as outlined previously.

With oil strainer disconnected from pump, remove pump to cylinder block attaching bolts and the pump, then gasket.

Pry front crankshaft seal from pump using screwdriver, clean seal bore, then install new seal using front crank seal replacer tool No. T88C-6701-AH or equivalent.

If reusing old pump, install new O-ring into pump body.

Apply continuous bead of silicone sealer to contact surface of oil pump. Ensure sealer does not enter into outlet hole in pump or cylinder block.

Install oil pump and gasket, tightening to specifications.

Perform steps 1 through 4 in reverse order to complete installation. Tightening crankshaft sprocket retaining bolt to specifications.