thoughts on selling the vette

AJ

i am at a toss up right now on if i should sell my Z and build another car. i have the car in mind that i plan to build (more fun than a vette, not a camaro) and i have figured out how to do it on the cheep side other than the transmission part. now is this something i really want to do as there is a huge chance it won't be done for a year or more if i can't get the parts cheep enough and then i would have to autocross something else untill said car was done.

there are a few of you that know what car i plan on building so lets not let the cat out of the bag. those of you that don't know just know it is super bad ass and will be LS7 powered;)

Fun is the most important factor in something like this, then cost/reliability run together next. That's what I'm going on for my next purchase consideration.

no wonder you got rid of the dsm :bangbang: i keeeed i keeeed

well id say keep it aj your finaly gettin in a car thts perfect for what you want great perfrmance reliable does everything you can throw at it (road course, autox. drag, looks sexy!!!)

Rebuld LS7, install in your vette. Just a thought, but I wouldn't want to give up such a good all around car. You can do anything you want with it, drive it to work, got to meets, drag race, and i guess it autocrosses okay. Custom built car equals a shit ton of work, and then it will likely be only really good at one thing. Just my 2 cents, good luck with it.

the car i want to build i can garantee will be just as reliable if not more than the vette and will do everything the vette will and then some.

i will look into the lease thing as it would get the car built faster.

Sam, buy my car anyways. it is super rare, they only made one with the VIN number i had in the entire world.

how can anyone give you advice?? you're telling us that you're considering getting rid of your vette to build a fast, reliable, road/track, mystery car.

tell us what you're thinking of building, or don't make a thread like this. no one's going to be upset if you don't end up building it--you're just thinking out loud.