oil pan help

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

ok im pulling the oil pan on my probe and running into an issue...i got the exhaust out of the way, and all the oil pan bolts undone...but i cant get the fuckin pan off...the silicon or whatever holding it on is too strong...is there a trick to this? ive never done this before ...

**and ive been on a probe forum researching, theres no hidden bolts or anything, its just a straight easy swap... unhook the flexpipe at the header, move it over a little bit, undo the bolts, drop pan, add new pan and bolts, hook up exhaust, profit

Guest Removed

same deal with the kia's..basiclly the pan is glued on..i have the tool to remove it..

screw driver and hammer from the one side you should be ok, if you bend the flange on the pan doing so, just striaghten it when you have it off!

Guest tbutera2112
i dont really have a good place to get a screw driver under... is the tool at your house or at kia? im ordering a new pan tomorrow so i have until wed. to get this one off before i have another one to put on...glad my mom is on vacation, her car is the only reliable one lol

Guest Removed
on my hyundai, there was a bolt hole but nothing tapped to the block, so you could take one of the bolts you pulled out and put it into the hole, and when it hit the block, it would pull the pan down

the new ones are not set up like that anymore :(

Guest Removed
i have a thing that looks like you can put a bolt in it but there was nothing there...ill go get a pic and see if thats what youre talking about

you have a steel pan...the one he is talking about is aluminum ;)

Guest tbutera2112
yea its the best i could do....so rob, ill go try to pry it off again, but is that tool at your house or at kia? if its at your place i wanna swing by and borrow it if thats cool