Auto work

Tim1647545497

• 2 weeks later...
Well i put the car in the shop only to have them call me back 2 hours later to tell me its not the fuel pump but the computer in the car? For those who didnt read the first post i had when the car broke down, its a 99 grand am se 130k on it. I was driving down livingston, the car was running fine. All of a sudden i lose go power. Car still running, but its like the gas pedal wasnt working. Kinda in and out of power, then it stalled. I babied it the 2-3 miles home and it never ran after that. I was 90% sure it was a fuel pump, but they say computer. Does this sound like im being dicked? Because the computer obviously costs more then the damn fuel pump? I need a pro's opinion.

East side of columbus/ reynoldsburg. Its called beanys auto on brice road. I just dont want them to put a new Cpu in this car and i still have problems. I was never aware the Cpu could have been the problem in the first place. if i get dicked out of this $500 can i borrow an un registered gun? :-D

Edit for Gearhead...

I couldnt tell you why they think it is the CPU, they said they checked the fuel pressure and it was at normal. I didnt get too many details from my grandfather. Funny thing is, the car wouldnt run at all. I bought a new battery and dumped some fuel into the carborator (sp?) and it started. Man it beats me. I just dont have money to fix 5 things.

East side of columbus/ reynoldsburg. Its called beanys auto on brice road. I just dont want them to put a new Cpu in this car and i still have problems. I was never aware the Cpu could have been the problem in the first place. if i get dicked out of this $500 can i borrow an un registered gun? :-D

It's been rumored that they will just try to sell you an engine, when it could be fixed. Junkyard parts selling shister. Don't know for fact or they would be out of bussiness. I am at the Monro right down the street, Main and Brice, if you want another opinion. Sorry, but I've never heard anything good about Pat Beany except his labor rates are low.

It's been rumored that they will just try to sell you an engine, when it could be fixed. Junkyard parts selling shister. Don't know for fact or they would be out of bussiness. I am at the Monro right down the street, Main and Brice, if you want another opinion. Sorry, but I've never heard anything good about Pat Beany except his labor rates are low.

Just remember I'm quoting what I've heard.

4 banger? could be a injector keeping it from running. one injector take a crap, then none of them fire off...if you put fuel in the intake and it fired up , would have to make educated guess that would be the issue.

or is this a v6 car? still could be a injector. had a camaro over here last week doing the same thing. easy way to tell is ohm out the injectors!

they are saying pcm. so ask them, if that dont fix it, you dont have to pay for it right? they mis diag it, why should you?