plexiglass hood

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
anyone ever had a plexiglass hood or any experience making one? im considering doin it on my car...the hoods off the car right now and i like it how it looks without a hood on it, but i wouldnt want it rainin on my electrical shit... what would it take to make a plexiglass hood? best way to do this just get a stock hood and cut everything out except the edges, then mount the plexiglass...ide have a 2" or so border around to keep the shape of the hood then the plexiglass would fill it in...has anyone ever done something like this? im just wondering how to make the arch of the hood instead of having the plexiglass lay flat

Guest tbutera2112
im just seeing if this is possible to do for a decent amount...if not ill just put the cowl back on, i like it better than the stock hoods... i have no need for a cowl hood (yet), but at the same time, i have no need for a hood scoop that is nonfunctional lol (stock)...i could get a v6 hood, but i like mine better than that...just thought if i could somehow fab up a plexiglass hood it would be something different

Guest tbutera2112
ricer?

sure if you say so, just lookin to do something different since ill be putting money into my hood anyways..its needs some sanding and paint since i fucked it up

plus, i doubt plexiglass is more rice than a 3" cowl on a pretty much stock car... i didnt put this hood on it, but since it came on it and it didnt cost me any money, im keeping it because a non functional cowl hood > a stock hood with a non functional hood scoop....ive got a plan for this car as soon as its paid off, so eventually ill need the hood thats on it..but until then i think it looks good, rice or not...and i also think a clear hood would be something different since every stang on the road looks the same...i care 0% if you or anyone thinks its rice :asshole:

serious business

Guest tbutera2112
I think that would look absolutely horrible.

im not sure how it would look...i would only chop up on a junkyard hood if i was to do it, incase it did look bad...but with the hood off i liked how the car looked...i would consider going to a v6 hood except the hood will have to be a liftoff hood, and a v6 hood would be way too heavy, and it would look bad with 4 pins...my hinges got destroyed, and the spot in the inner fender where they mount is also messed up so they cant be mounted even if i find new hinges...so im stuck making it a lift off hood...just kinda tossing around ideas...as of now im leaving the hood it has now on there, i dont want to blow much money on a hood when i have other plans for the car...ill be picking up a new project engine for it as soon as peak season hits at work and my paychecks double(after thanksgiving)...when its payed off it will get a bigger carbd motor and need a cowl anyways, so im just kinda tossin around ideas for something to do since im bored

rice as shit.

I drive a WRX making 300awhp and don't have a FART PIPE because I don't want to look rice.

Here you drive an american muscle car and want to make it look rice. I hear Alteza's are mad tight

Don't forget the Vinyl yo, each sticker is like 20 RWHP!!!