How many points...

Turbotrio

Would you need to bet $1000 of your hard-earned money on OSU this week Vs USC? I don't bet on sports (I think I would go crazy watching games if I did lol) so this is a complete hypothetical question. I was joking with someone today about how many I would need and am curious what most people would say.

On a side-note I am really curious to see what the boys in Vegas do with the actual spread in a couple days.

Jeff

Too many, I personally don't bet and if I did would never bet against OSU especially. Any given saturday.....

On a personal note, I hope this past weekend was all part of Tressels Jedi mind tricks for USC, but props to the Bobcats for giving it their best. I think OSU has as good a team as USC and this game will come down to who wants it more and coaching. This is where Tressel is weak in my opinion, in his loyalty to players, his conservative play calls, and lack of creative play calling.

Just my .02

I am getting nervous already! I don't know what it is but it always seems like OSU doesn't really start to play with all they have untill they are under high stress/behind points and in the second half. Playing like that isn't going to work against a team like USC. If they fall behind at all I fear they will have to do too much to re gain a lead.

IIRC, it means if you take OSU +10, it means in order to win, USC has to beat OSU by at least 10.

Basically, the are giving OSU 10 car lengths...does that make sense?

gotcha its the opposite of what i said, so usc has to cover 10 to win.......

If they can't pressure Sanchez (very young USC quarterback), they will lose. Though USC lost many starters for this year, their D is still one of the best. It'll be upto OSU to control the line when OSU is on D. USC's offensive line is made up of sophomores and as I said earlier, a very young quarterback in his first season starting. Like someone said, if they get behind, they may not come back.

"Bridges on fire"

Which will be fine by me as I'm from southern cali and yes, a USC fan. :D

I will say I have been trying to get into the whole OSU thing. Except, of course, this coming week and by my gf's demand, when they play Illinois. (Who, by the way, got their asses handed to them last year by USC. I slept with one eye open that night. ;) )

I would not bet a dime on them.

Trust me, I wouldn't either which was the point of the question. I am as big an OSU fan as there is but there is a huge difference between WANTING them to win Vs being confident / THINKING they are going to win. I don't bet on sports ever but if I had to bet $1000 of my own money I couldn't take OSU and 10 points -- not after last week.

To be honest, to feel good about it, I think I would need 17-21 minimally.

I just started this to see if everyone else was as pessimistic as I am lol.

Jeff

I think OSU has a great chance if beanie is healthy. and if we stay close where we can use prior to mix things up.

They just said on the radio this morning he still didn't practice at all yesterday. If he does play my hunch is he will be half-speed at best and a non-factor. Maybe they are just playing it up (The extent of the injury) but for some reason I doubt it.

Jeff

Line is too risky, line opened up at 5.5 yesterday morning. Is beanie playing? Now the line is 10....

I would put a nickel on it if the line was 14, but that wont happen, theres hardly a difference between an 8 point and 10 point line....

I STILL HOWEVER, will not bet this game simply for the fact that USC is going to kill them

I think this is OSU's best chance to beat USC and I'm a USC fan. lol I hope your team feels more confident than their fans. ;)

I think you are crazy. Our O-line couldn't block against YSU or OU. We had what? Three or four field-goals against Youngstown State and how many 3-and-outs against OU?? They couldn't even make a 4th-and-one against a strictly average MAC school. Boeckman isn't scaring anyone with his passing so if we can't run it is going to be over before it starts.

I think (Hope) the defense just had a very "Off" game against OU but they won't stop USC from scoring the whole game. Playing well and "Only" giving up 2x points won't do any good if we can only score 7-14.

Jeff

Everyone just keeps saying "well bienie wasn't in the game" like he is that much of a play-maker for the OSU offense. Now, he is good and makes plays but if the rest of the team without him looks horrible against a sub-par MAC football team, there is no hope even with him against #1 USC if they play the same mediocre football.

I would hold onto my $1000.

Seeing as how Tressel makes the offensive calls I think we definitely held back on offense this past saturday, we normally throw deep down the field twice as much as we did and I think the receivers knew it, hence why the running game was weak as there was no deep ball threat from us and OU played accordingly.

I think Beanie will start and likely be 100% saturday and the deep ball will be back(wether we catch them or not is another story) and we have the ability to pressure when we want, should be a good game.

I think you are crazy. Our O-line couldn't block against YSU or OU. We had what? Three or four field-goals against Youngstown State and how many 3-and-outs against OU?? They couldn't even make a 4th-and-one against a strictly average MAC school. Boeckman isn't scaring anyone with his passing so if we can't run it is going to be over before it starts.

I think (Hope) the defense just had a very "Off" game against OU but they won't stop USC from scoring the whole game. Playing well and "Only" giving up 2x points won't do any good if we can only score 7-14.

Jeff

I didn't say they'd beat USC. I said it was their best chance however big or small that may be. ;)

On a serious note, I did say that they (OSU) couldn't afford to get behind due to USC's defense in a previous post.